|Job Type:||Full Time|
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
The Asset and Wealth Management Risk Technology group works closely with quantitative specialists to produce refined data for global risk reporting groups to consume. The metrics that we produce are used by our portfolio management and risk management teams to track portfolio risk relative to benchmarks and external funds. Risk alerts on outsized risks and anomalies are raised by the system, after which they are reviewed and acted upon. Our system is used to monitor and report on risk both internally and to regulators. The information we produce is reviewed by the highest levels of management at the firm.
In Asset and Wealth Management Risk Technology we have the opportunity to work with emerging technologies to create the most efficient and streamlined operation within our industry. We strive to be the leader on process and technology innovation within the group and are looking for like-minded motivated individuals to join and contribute.
The Glasgow team is a new addition to the AWM Risk Technology family and has a potential to become a hub for excellence so it is an exciting time to join. The team will be involved in developing and re-architecting legacy systems using cutting-edge technologies and driving the business into the Big Data era. You will play a key role in optimizing and delivering low-latency solutions from the database side.
- Analyzing and optimizing complex queries
- Build the database components based on the user the requirements.
- Reconcile data across environments and fix the issues.
- Examining databases and identifying bottlenecks (GreenPlum, HDFS, Impala)
- Working closely with the Java backend teams to optimize requests and reduce latency
- Practices established data management best practices while also recommending improvements
- Building out clustering strategies for distributed computing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Data modeling concepts.
- Hands-on experience with Impala, Sybase, Greenplum and Oracle.
- Experience with Cloudera Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, HBase, Hive
- Experience in No-SQL databases
- Understanding of ETL tools preferably Informatica.
- Proven track record of performance tuning related tasks including but not limited to native monitoring and troubleshooting tools, indexing strategies
- Track record in working in high-transaction environments
- Advanced working knowledge of different index types and how they are used: columnstore, full-text, filtered, indexes with include columns
- Hands on experience with debugging and optimizing query plans
- Experience with RESTful services
- Strong attention to detail
- Innovative and team-player mindset
- Relevant university degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
- Experience using Spring Framework (Data, REST, Boot, JPA)
- Experience with Java Microservices
- Experience with Cloud
- Experience with Eureka, Hystrix, Ribbon
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Maven or Gradle
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.