|Job Type:||Full Time|
Software Engineer Lead- Credit Risk Reporting Applications
We are seeking an experienced technical lead to build and manage multiple components of the Credit Risk Reporting Technology stack. The role comes at an exciting time of technology uplift and transformation as we look to leverage Big Data technologies and transform the existing Reporting infrastructure and retire legacy technologies while meeting the stakeholders business and regulatory objectives. The Core Credit Risk platform has over 5,000 users in JPMorgan’s Wholesale Bank, including the Investment Bank, TSS, Asset Management and the Commercial Bank.
The core responsibilities for the role include:
- Building and managing the local Glasgow-based Credit Risk Reporting Technology team
- Partner with key stakeholders spanning Credit Risk Reporting, Middle Office, and Controller groups, to ensure that the new functionality meets the business requirements and expectations are effectively managed.
- Design the architecture and functionality of the strategic components. Ensuring the proposed integration path does not jeopardize the integrity of the overall architecture.
- Ensuring the team is leveraging the appropriate tools to develop, test and deploy on a frequent basis following Agile principles wherever possible.
- Partnering with other Software Engineer Leads in other teams and other locations where appropriate
- Track milestones, and report status of deliverables
- Effectively communicate the implementation of new functionality through training sessions, demos, and documentation
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Software Engineer with experience of Enterprise-level Reporting applications and technologies such as Business Objects or Tableau.
- Experience of team leadership experience of 8+ developers including hiring, team building, team member objectives setting & performance management.
- A technical degree (preferably computer science)
- Ability to clearly communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to clearly and succinctly articulate the business case for a system enhancement.
- Fluency with key OO languages (preferably Java or similar) and RDBMS’s (preferably Oracle, including experience with PL/SQL, query tuning, and very large data sets)
- Strong proficiency in design and implementation of service-oriented architectures
- Personally motivated to build state-of-the-art software, engineered thoughtfully and executed diligently
- Quality driven attitude; strong desire to perform thorough and exhaustive unit, integration and system testing
- Team player who openly shares knowledge for the benefit of the entire team
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills; expert interpersonal skills; confidence to participate in planning sessions that outline IT solutions that reach business goals
- Aptitude to learn business knowledge and new technologies
- Experience in Big Data development and software design
- Experience with Kafka and streaming technologies
- Experience with Git/BitBucket
- Understanding of Risk Management and Credit Risk is a plus