|Job Type:||Full Time|
Global is one of the world’s leading Media & Entertainment groups. As the UK’s largest commercial radio company, Global reaches more than 32 million people every week including 25 million on the radio alone through its respected media brands; Capital, Heart, Classic FM, Smooth, LBC, Radio X, Capital XTRA and Gold. Global recently moved into outdoor advertising following the major acquisitions of Primesight, Outdoor Plus and Exterion Media. With over 250,000 outdoor advertising points, Global is one of the largest Out of Home companies in Europe.
Reporting to the Finance & Treasury Manager, this is a management accountant position within a team of 6. Part of a wider, well regarded and high output Financial Control team.
This is a new role that has primarily been designed to manage and control the accounting processes and deliverables of a divisional group of companies. As part of the team however, there will be involvement and shared responsibilities across the full Out of Home estate.
The role requires financial reports that are insightful and are delivered to set deadlines. Reports will include month end management accounts, statutory reporting and can be in response to requests from across the business.
Balance sheet accounts will be reconciled and understood, identifying and highlighting risks which are mitigated through controls.
Key to the success of the role is having strong working relationships with colleagues in the immediate team and not being afraid to question and challenge. The mantra is to make a difference.
- Monthly management accounts pack for the divisional group including P&L, Balance Sheet, commentary, insightful KPI’s and reconciliation of EBITDA
- Meet strict deadlines
- Present highlights and lowlights in monthly meetings
- Manage the revenue reconciliation process, ensuring revenue is recognized in line with accounting policies and clear auditable support is obtained for any deferred/accrued balances.
- Control revenue apportionment and credit notes, cost of sales accruals, cross company recharges, taxes and fixed assets
- Clear reporting on and management of risk areas
Statutory Obligations & Internal Control
- Be responsible for the division group consolidation workings, statutory accounts preparation and year end close
- Adhere to internal and external accounting policies
- Meet franchise partner obligations, including reporting timelines and audit
- Implement internal audit and control processes
- Weekly 13 week cash forecasting for the division
- Analyse billboard estate profitability to a granular level, ensuring fair revenue and cost allocation
- Raise awareness of existing and new product gross margins
- Report and forecast client volume rebate attainment
- Raise awareness of franchise partner minimum guarantee payments
- Make a difference to the bottom line
- Identify opportunities for improvement in financial processes and implement the changes required
Key Skills & Experience
- Newly Qualified ACA/ACCA desirable or equivalent industry experience
- Excellent Excel and reporting skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Build up new and any existing relationships – be the ‘go to’ person for all things Out of Home for the division
- Resilient and flexible individual who is interested in developing their ultimate career
- Proactive, innovative, motivated outlook and share the same passion for Out of Home
- A personal commitment to being ethical, resilient and determined to succeed