|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking**.**
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank advises the world’s wealthiest families and helps them achieve their desired goals. Our teams of Advisors deliver advice, solutions and services across investments, wealth planning, credit and banking to help clients build, preserve and manage their wealth over time.
Our team of specialists works seamlessly to help our clients achieve their financial goals and aspirations. We’re proud to be named ‘2019 Best Private Bank for Ultra-High-Net-Worth Clients’ by Euromoney: Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Lebanon, Qatar, Spain, United Arab Emirates and UK.
Securities Based Lending Team (SBL) is GWM’s center of excellence for underwriting loans that are fully secured by marketable securities. The role involves analysing, negotiating, pricing and documenting lines of credit, including standby letters of credit. The team will also review other transactions that have an element of credit risk (including derivatives such as cross currency and interest rate swaps).
- Interact with internal partners (Bankers, Investors, Lending Advisors,
Credit Executives) and private clients to deliver the best fully secured
credit product solution with a sound credit structure.
- Maintain a consistently high level of awareness around any
potential credit issues. Proactively resolve exceptions, including under
margin situations, past review facilities, past due principal/interest and
- Take into account the risk/reward proposition when negotiating
loan rates and must employ a discipline around loan pricing and structure.
- Prepare credit memos which should completely outline the proposed
credit structure including accurate risk rating assessment and any
potential collateral issues (e.g. security concentrations).
- Ensure follow up on all relevant open items and transactional issues,
e.g. documentation, covenants, etc.
- Ensure all new credit requests and annual reviews are completed
in a timely fashion.
- A Business, Finance or Mathematics degree or qualification, or
relevant business experience in a similar role.
- Private Banking credit risk or lending experience.
- Knowledge and/or experience of underwriting, lending value
analysis, return on equity assessment, KYC, cross border validation.
- General understanding of financial markets and securities
- Knowledge and experience of systems such as Bloomberg or Murex is
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal
- Ability to work well in an integrated team environment.
- Track record in working with teams from various markets
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Fluent French language proficiency (verbal and written). Additional language skills would be an asset.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.