|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you like to work on the hardest problems in computing with the biggest user impact? We are looking for a talented Applied Scientist - an individual with a desire to develop solutions to difficult problems, to create, innovate, and define the next generation of enterprise search and productivity tools. If you have a passion for challenges, for excelling in a dynamic, team-oriented environment, and for inventing novel techniques to power quality services used daily by millions, then you will be interested in us. The MSAI team in the London office is focused on improving key parts of Microsoft software and services, including the Microsoft Office 365 suite, using Machine Learning, IR and NLP techniques. Our efforts leverage the entire breadth and depth of the Office 365 system – a distributed system with hundreds of thousands of computers tuned to empower our users by responding in milliseconds.
- We need strong talent to improve our results. This is a rare opportunity to join an exceptionally strong team where you can see an immediate impact through your contributions.
- Our office is in London and it is a truly multi-cultural environment with people coming from many different European countries, the U.S. and other continents.
- You will work with world class colleagues as well as internationally respected researchers from Microsoft Research (MSR) Cambridge & around the world. Success in this position requires a broad set of experiences and skills, ranging from broad knowledge of IR/ML/NLP techniques, coding skills to the ability to build a collaborative working relationship with other researchers and engineers.
You will be expected to work on many levels - from mining massive datasets for identifying opportunities, through designing and implementing your solutions into our offline and live production systems, defining appropriate metrics to measure their effectiveness, conducting rigorous A/B experiments and impartially evaluating their results. Your coding skills will be challenged writing scalable, distributed and highly efficient components. Candidates should give evidence of their ability to write efficient and maintainable code.
- A PhD, in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics or related subjects - candidates with exceptional ML skills and only Master's degree will be considered
- A background in Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, or Information Retrieval
- Solid coding skills in any OOP language
- Strong theory/algorithmic background and good understanding on how to apply advanced knowledge to solve real problems
- Senior level experience demonstrated by leading projects, mentoring members of staff as well as driving cross-team collaboration
- Data mining solutions on text data
- Prior work on large scale database or Internet-scale applications
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.