|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft has a longstanding commitment to global corporate philanthropy, a key component of which is helping nonprofits deliver on their mission and broaden their social impact through technology. In September 2017, we launched Tech for Social Impact (TSI), the first social business within Microsoft, where sales, philanthropy, solution development and Partnerships are integrated into one team, powered by a sustainable business model where profits are reinvested back into our Philanthropies initiatives. Fueling all this new work and investment is the aim to empower every nonprofit to do their best work to create inclusive and enduring positive impact throughout our communities.
In FY18, TSI incubated this new business model and proved the sustainability of our investments. In FY19, we operationalized the team with a focus on establishing a foundation for growth. With two years of success under our belts, FY20 will be focused on both breadth and depth: driving scale across the long tail of nonprofit organizations, as well as working directly with the largest nonprofits to maximize their social impact through the power of Microsoft platforms. One of the most critical components to achieving our goals is to continue developing a robust Partner ecosystem. We need Partners poised to support the Digital Transformation of nonprofits across EMEA and APAC. This not only means having expertise across Microsoft platform, but also having a dedicated nonprofit focus, mission alignment, and solution offerings delivered at a pricepoint nonprofits can afford.
We are looking for a passionate and seasoned Partner business development lead, who can drive strategic Partner engagement, and ensure we have a rich ecosystem of Partners to support our nonprofit customers within EMEA and APAC regions. This person will activate and build strategic go-to-market plans with Partners who deliver, implement and support solutions for nonprofits, as well as support direct Partner sales engagements in nonprofit opportunities.
The Tech for Social Impact (TSI) Enterprise Channel Manager (ECM) is a key role within Microsoft’s Partner engagement strategy. The goal is to build Partner capacity to support our nonprofit sales leads in their engagements with nonprofit organizations. As we grow our team and nonprofit sales motion, we need Partners who can support nonprofit organizations in both consulting and solution delivery. Most importantly, we need to develop an ecosystem of Partners who share our commitment to the nonprofit sector, to ensure business model alignment and quality of services delivery. As such this is a broad role spanning Partner business development activities as well as sales alignment activities. This person will be responsible for:
Net-new Partner identification and recruitment, Partner business planning and direct management of our top “Go-To-Market” Partners. This person will also directly support our International (EMEA/APAC-focused), sales organization ensuring that all nonprofit customer opportunities have Partners aligned to support IT consulting and delivery across Microsoft cloud platforms. The ECM will work hand-in-hand with our TSI Sales leads to identify specific scenarios and needs among nonprofit customers ensuring Partner capacity is sufficient to support those needs, prioritizing all Azure workloads and Dynamics 365. The ECM is also responsible for accelerating sales through our Partners via joint GTM campaigns and co-sell motions. Outcomes will be to drive long-term revenue, cloud consumption and digital transformation with and through a nonprofit-focused Partner ecosystem. Specific accountabilities include:
Lead Partner recruitment and enablement:
- Identify Partners in the EMEA & APAC regions who have dedicated services practices focused on nonprofit organizations
- Ensure Partner’s business model, expertise and reputation aligns to the Tech for Social Impact mission to ensure investments are made in Partners that are committed and capable
- Secure joint Go-To-Market agreement with a set of top “Managed” SI Partners, endorsed by Partner’s leadership, to accelerate sales and drive Partner-led demand generation
- Develop business capabilities and capacity within the Partner portfolio, with a specific focus on Azure solution delivery, to ensure coverage across our managed nonprofit customers
- Continue to innovate and demonstrate thought-leadership on creating and driving new offers with and through Partners, supporting the unique needs of the nonprofit industry
- Directly support the sales team, recommending and engaging Partners on specific customer opportunities
- Ensuring Partner engagements are successful, and Partners have established trust and credibility to support Microsoft’s brand within the nonprofit community
- Monitoring, tracking and evaluating Partner engagements to deliver insights and learnings that inform Partner strategy and investments
Drive business growth:
- Shared accountability for the growth of the business across International sales team, inclusive of expected Partner impact
- Drive business performance measure by revenue and consumption as well as global expansion
- Drive joint GTM with IT Services Partners to build & accelerate sales pipeline
6 - 8+ years of related experience
Required – Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred – MBA/Master’s Degree
- Passion for nonprofit impact: motivated by the social impact he/she drives.
- Comfortable in a ‘start-up’ environment where cross-teaming, assuming multiple responsibilities at any given time, being agile and innovative is a must.
- Strong “challenger” leader mentality and has ability to deeply understand Partner value drivers and is comfortable driving the decision-making process with the Partner.
- Proven track record of working with Partners to deliver strong sales results and quarterly revenue accountabilities.
- Experience with nonprofit or Public Sector-focused Partners or customers preferable.
- Strong capabilities to lead and motivate others in a v-team environment.
- Experience developing and driving Partner ecosystem performance tied to sales revenue targets.
- Ability to work at multiple levels of organizations and adapt approach to any situation.
- Demonstrated strategic time management and multi-tasking skill.
- Comfortable with public speaking and the media.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.