|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a curious nature? Do you enjoy digging into data to deliver business insights? Expedia Local Expert is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join their Online Retail Team.
Expedia Local Expert provides travelers with access to activities, attractions, tours, transportation, and other services in destinations around the world.
The Online Retail team runs a global eCommerce operation on various points of sale, including the websites of Expedia Group, across all platforms including mobile and web. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting and building trading updates, understanding and communicating the pulse of business performance, and driving efficiency and accelerating growth through actionable insights.
What you’ll do:
- Actively monitor the health of the dynamic Tours, Activities, and Ground Transportation business and work to understand the root cause of performance variance.
- Detect anomalies in key business metrics and learn to conduct thorough investigations and action plans.
- Use of tools such as: Omniture, Excel, Tableau etc., along with in-house tools for performing in-depth analysis of real-time and historical data
- Your work will contribute to monitoring and reporting improvements that will enhance the speed and accuracy of business health analysis
- You will lead trading deep dives
- Be able to navigate through multiple data sources, leverage big-data and convert raw data into actionable insights
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business, product, and marketing partners to drive business insights
- Contribute to the documentation and creation of processes for handling business performance anomalies
- Make data-based decisions in a dynamic environment while handling other priorities simultaneously
- You will look for opportunities to streamline business operations processes through reporting automation
Who you are:
- Experience in e-commerce, business analysis, and/or data analytics.
- Familiarity with key business metrics and comfort communicating business performance to internal teams.
- Demonstrable ability to learn and acquire new skills, both technical and non-technical.
- Strong commercial acumen, analytical rigor, problem solver mindset and strong attention to detail.
- Strong interest in understanding how the business works at a systems level and a desire to learn about and evolve in a business environment strongly preferred.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure, dynamic environment and be comfortable with a high level of ambiguity.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time and adhere to deadlines.
- Good technical skills and/or ability and willingness to ramp up very quickly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; comfortable with documentation.
- Appetite for detail and a proactive approach; eager to learn the business and drive improvements.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.