|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Network Infrastructure Deployment team delivers the hyper-scale, low latency, high reliability network connecting customers around the globe to the rapidly growing Microsoft Cloud. As part of the Cloud and Enterprise organization, we support the needs of more than 200 Microsoft online services, including Bing, Office 365, SharePoint, Skype, OneDrive and several hundred thousand customers using Azure to host and run their Cloud Services in over 100 datacenters, running millions of servers and edge computing nodes all over the world. Our customers and partners rely on our commitment, follow through and continuous improvement to achieve their goals.
We are looking for a Senior Program manager able to develop and execute strategies to deliver datacenter network and related technologies at cloud scale in a dynamic, fast paced environment. You will plan and deploy greenfield and brownfield datacenter network infrastructure, upgrade legacy networks and decommission end of life equipment. You will apply technical insights and deep knowledge of constraints in the deployment delivery ecosystem to recommend and drive process and/or design improvements.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility is driving large scale network infrastructure deployment projects required to enable new cloud capacity, leveraging knowledge of formal project management methodologies, creating and executing integrated program/project plans spanning multiple departments, defining and controlling project scope, as well as maintaining and reporting out on schedules.
- Lead with outstanding communication, problem solving, analytical and program/project management skills.
- Responsible for end-to-end deployment lifecycle, carefully balancing delivery quality and managing priorities, taking corrective actions as necessary to meet stated business objectives.
- Requires ongoing successful collaboration with Network Planning, Finance, Datacenter Engineering, Execution and Operations, Supply Chain as well as Network Engineering teams, effectively building relationships with a wide range of influencers and cultivating strategic relationships globally.
- Drive continuous improvement of E2E processes, including assessment of program/project delivery capabilities, gathering, analyzing and reporting performance metrics, establishing corresponding targets, and measurement of on-going progress.
- Enable /support workflow orchestration development, systemic automation and data management, including reporting and managing risks
Skills and qualifications:
- Proven track record of large scale program/ project delivery
- Demonstrated technical problem solving and communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with rapidly changing requirements
- Track record of making pragmatic business and engineering tradeoffs to deliver business value
- Demonstrated leadership and exceptional cross- functional-team skills
- Strong knowledge of key IT/Telecommunications and Service industry concepts.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Ability to make sense of ambiguity and drive outcomes.
- Must be able to travel up to 10%
- 5-7 years of strategy or business planning experience in a cloud-based technology business or similar industry.
- Well versed in program management methodologies, approaches and tools with a PMP certification preferred
- Expertise in deployment of high-performance, highly available, large scale distributed network and related technologies, preferably in tier one cloud provider datacenters
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud infrastructure and datacenter issues such as power, physical space, rack units, cooling, cable routing and management
- Good networking experience and understanding of network infrastructure, routing, load balancing, Internet transport protocols and optical networking
- Knowledge of supply chain management, procurement processes, trade restrictions and associated financial and project controls
- Understanding of process re-engineering and software/network development lifecycle, including gathering, analyzing, and defining business and functional requirements; creating global metrics, trend charts and other decision-making tools
- Strong attention to detail, passion for strategic thinking and problem solving, and ability to deliver better processes that to drive business outcomes.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.