|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an Assistant Project Manager seeking a new challenge?
Interested in joining a leading multi-million-pound organisation to work on a range of exciting schemes?
Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunities for long term career progression?
If so, please read on…
A bit about us
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
About the division
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from a few million pounds to £20bn through the technical disciplines of land advisory, programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
A bit about the division…
Our transportation portfolio is primarily a UK based business working in four key sectors of rail, highways, land and aviation. We deliver programme, project and commercial management services to clients in mainland Europe, Africa, Middle East, India and Australasia while supporting other parts of the transportation business across the globe.
What is our vision?
Our vision (with the help of you) is to deliver major transportation projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as credible and preferred for our existing and new clients.
Your responsibilities will include..
* Assisting in establishing and delivering project specific objectives
* Helping ensures all facet of the project are delivered in accordance with the design brief, budget and schedule
* Providing key support to the senior leaders in the delivery of commission obligations and internal project performance
* Contributing to open communications across the project delivery and client teams
* Establishing effective communications across the project delivery, client and stakeholder teams
* Adopting programme and business management systems across project teams
* Mentoring less experience colleagues in the skills of project management
* Contributing to securing opportunities and repeat business through the high quality of service delivery
Required criteria for the ideal Assistant Project Manager:
* A degree in a construction, engineering or project management subject
* A relevant professional qualification with RICS, CIOB, RIBA, APM or engineering discipline
* Effective communication with client's project team and business manager
* Commercially aware
* Good knowledge of planning and other aspects of project controls
* Demonstrable track record of successful business development and achievement of targets
Equality, diversity and inclusion statement:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
* Pension matched up to 7%
* Competitive annual