|Job Type:||Full Time|
Enterprise Commercial Business Success Manager
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be, and take their careers to places they simply couldn't reach anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and more sky’s-the-limit thinking—a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We aspire to build the experiences and tools that make it possible for every professional in any business or role to be much more productive. We're fueling digital transformation in order to make a difference in people's lives and in organizations across the globe.
We are insatiably curious and always learning. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other's ideas and collaborate across boundaries to bring the best of Microsoft to our customers—because we are better together. It's our ability to work together that makes our dreams believable and achievable. Together we make a difference.
We are motivated every day to bring digital transformation to our customers. We help them empower their employees, engage their customers, optimize their operations, and change the very nature of their products, services, and business models. We are customer-obsessed—we love learning about our customers and then developing solutions that meet their needs.
The Enterprise Commercial Global Digital Advisory organization is focused on driving innovation at our customers. We do this through four motions, Ignite, Continuous Innovation, Deal Structuring and Transformation Leadership.
Accelerating share of wallet and Cloud growth with our largest global customers is central to our mission. The Team Lead for Business Success, Global Digital Advisory (GDA) will focus on defining the four motions above and brining consistency and scaling those motions through the Marquee Account program, the Digital Advisory Services program as well as package up learning to influence the FY21 sales blueprint.
Team Lead for Business Success, GDA will have frequent interactions with Executives across the company including WCB leadership, Corp Strategy, Finance, Strategic Account Executives, Engineering and Partner team leaders.
The Team Lead for Business Success, Global Digital Advisory (GDA) will work to standardize the Ingite process (get customers excited about the MSFT platfrom) across the STU, CSU, CSE, EOU and Services and Partners. We will need to define a standard package that can be scaled across these organizations with minimal GDA support. The role will also have to package an approach to drive Continuous Innovation (embed digital capabilities in our customers) with the idea to pilot the approach in FY20 H1 and from the learning, develop a more programmatic approach for Continuous Innovation.
Ignite will need to be landed across our field organization. Continuous Innovation (CI) will need to be landed across our Services, Partner and PG organizations to sustain customers on their journey. CI’s focus is to reduce our cost of sales while creating a self-sustaining fly wheel of value based cloud projects at our customers. These motion, as well as the Deal Structuring and Transformation Leadership motions will all need to be landed successful in Microsoft’s largest accounts in the next few years.
This is a high-profile role due to focus on some of the most important accounts in the Enterprise business along with managing the cadence of business reporting and insights. The role requires influencing a diverse group of stateholder across field, partner, finance, business development and engineering organizations. A key success factor for the role will be the ability to partner across Microsoft impactfully by defining complex global programs with measurable results, which will include cross-group orchestration and a collaborative leadership style.
- Evolve the account engagement model and prove success by landing in Marquee Accounts. Define success measures, including leading indicators, for Marquee Accounts
- Be a critical element in and facilitate the feedback loop between the GDA organization and the rest of Enterprise Commercial. Setup a constant learning cycle
- Define the success metrics and a rhythm of management to report business performance and identify opportunities to accelerate progress in the Strategic and Enterprise segments
- Inspire managers and individuals in the organization and foster a culture of customer-centricity, accountability, collaboration and achieving big bold goals
- Represent Enterprise Commercial with other business stakeholders in WCB, and across the business
- Create clarity, generate energy and deliver success through an impactful people and readiness agenda
- Increase workgroup health, building an organization that is stronger tomorrow than today.
- Develop a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development and leading by example
Experience Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- At least 6-8 years of Business Management Consultancy experience
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft’s enterprise sales
- Proven track record and experience selling and delivering complex, digital transformation solutions to enterprise customers
- Experienced team leader, able to serve as a ‘player-coach’
- Commitment to teamwork and a creative approach to problem solving
- Executive presence with ability to influence at senior levels across Microsoft, Partners and/or Customers
- Highly adaptable, and strong collaborator, fierce advocate and influencer
- Strong leadership & interpersonal skills, coaching skills, cross-group collaboration and proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries
- Strong communication, community and program management skills and experience
- Bachelor degree: ideal, MBA desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.