|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an analyst who is fascinated by large data sets? Do you want to work in a global team that is at the heart of the Brand Expedia group?
At Expedia, we are revolutionizing travel through the power of technology. Every second of every single day, we send two travellers on a trip. We sell enough tickets to fill nearly six hundred 737 airplanes daily, and our mobile apps have been downloaded more than 10 million times across 180 countries. We work in an energizing environment to keep up with the ever-changing travel landscape. On the SEM team, you will join an entrepreneurial environment with responsibility to contribute to a test and learn environment. You will utilize your quantitative skills to provide actionable insights for optimizing marketing spend, audience targeting and influencing customer behaviour. We love to test and learn and deliver return on investments. You should join us in our harmonious and open space with other like-minded individuals. And you score awesome travel discounts while having all this fun!
What you'll do
- Deliver impactful analysis regarding key market forces and apply analytics to present tangible business problems/actions (e.g. seasonality, auction changes, competitor actions, partner marketing strategy)
- Communicate complex analytical topics in a clean & simple way to team
- Troubleshoot and identify root cause of operational issues (e.g. data quality, critical process degradation)
- Automate and/or streamline repetitive processes to improve individual and team productivity
- Use statistics, distributions and confidence intervals to support decisions based on data; manipulate large data sets for business insights and implement solutions to improve ad performance
- Understand and contribute to existing algorithm development and refinement
- Collaborate with Partners, Product and Technical Teams to contribute to SEM products and tools development (APIs, bidding tools, dashboards, etc.) and influence prioritization
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, such as Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with a high level of initiative and ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, dynamic environment
- Foundational statistics experience (e.g. t-tests, distributions)
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, R, SAS)
- Comfortable writing and working with complex queries in SQL/Hadoop
- Shown success working cross-functionally
- Good verbal and written skills
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.