|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morganis a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Derivatives Operations provide operational support to Markets, Investor Services and Banking businesses across the CIB. Key product areas include Currencies, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, Global Clearing with a global team of ~1500 colleagues. Services provided to our Businesses include:
- Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service
- Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $2TRN via FX trades, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 3M trades, managing collateral balances in excess of $350BN and processing ~700K cleared and intermediary trades
Collateral Principal Operationssupports:
- Collateral Management credit risk mitigation, client financing and fee based activity
- Collateral Principal supports a wide range of products: OTC Derivatives, OTC Cleared, Repos, TBA and Loans/Letters of Credit
- Daily we generate and distribute margin calls; agree call amounts and collateral types; track and report call disputes, reconcile trading portfolios, monitor settlements and provide extensive regulatory reporting
- On average we issue and settle ~4,500+ collateral calls per day
- Collateral balances held by JPM and pledged to the client range between $200Bn & $300Bn notional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Lead the direction and execution of Principal Collateral transformation strategy building a highly effective process within operations; as well as partnering via an extended virtual team working across all the functional areas involved.
- Change/Project management incorporating analysis, requirements documentation, testing execution, updates to standard operating procedures and implementation management; partnering closely with operations teams, change management and technology as required.
- Navigate a complex global operations function within a large scale financial services institution, whilst balancing the needs of key partners in the business, operations and technology, to achieve the right outcomes for operations.
- Forecast, track and report progress toward implementation; updating stakeholders/management.
- Develop a robust governance and control framework to ensuring risks are mitigated; taking ownership for issue identification, escalation and resolution in a timely manner
Skills and Qualifications
- Leadership experience in an operational environment with a consistent track record in reaching and exceeding goals. Experience in Client Facing roles and/or Derivatives/Securities/Collateral product knowledge is preferred.
- Experience with large scale industry/technology initiatives is preferred.
- Experience partnering with change management and technology groups to deliver operational change.
- Ability to influence senior management across Business, Operations, Technology and other key stakeholders.
- Process oriented with strong attention to detail, highly entrepreneurial, creative, open-minded, persistent; and highly collaborative and with a passion for delivering business results.
- Ability to drive a robust risk/control environment; providing meaningful metrics and data driven insights.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative/Creative mindset with ability to coach others to generate improvement ideas/challenge status quo.
- Ability to identify short/medium tactical solutions as well as strategic/longer term roadmap.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic/fast paced operations environment, prioritizing work within tight deadlines
- Experience with intelligent automation tools; e.g. Alteryx, Xceptor, Robotics is preferred.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.
Closing Date: September 3, 2019