|Job Type:||Full Time|
EMEA CEM & Rates Middle Office
A Middle Office role in Markets Operations the Investment Bank providing direct support to senior Operational Management with respect to the Rates and FX Risk Middle Office and acting as a key point of contact for downstream groups.
The middle office as a whole must ensure the accurate capture of the business’ transactions, systematically managing product complexity, capturing the subsequent market risks resulting from these transactions, and representing accurate PnL for our Traders.
Our Middle Office currently supports approx. 80 traders with a trade volume of 105,000 per day, due to this high demanding volume we have to ensure our controls monitoring this population and accurately and efficiently completed.
Specific projects that require this support are core control and efficiency improvements:
- Definition and analysis of amends MIS
- Definition of solutions / fixes based on MIS analysis to present for prioritization
- Enhance reporting quality in order to present to and facilitate high quality analysis so we are in a position to draw solid conclusions around key drivers
- Periodic Reporting: Update and publish weekly metrics for Management consumption including trend analysis and impact of deliveries over time
- Monitor Middle Office trade lifecycle event processing to understand the key manual touch-points themes and display the impact of this via suitable MIS
- Once problem areas are identified; build relationships across the business to create working groups and initiate change discussions
- Liaise with Marketing support, Trade Support and other Back Office control groups
- Analysis and identification of inconsistencies in Control processes, process flows and business functions
- Develop strategies for road to consistency and effective progress tracking
We are looking for candidates to join who display drive and enthusiasm, who are highly numerate, work well as part of a team and have strong communication skills.
Some specific skills that we would prefer candidates to possess include:
- Product knowledge – Understanding of vanilla and complex derivative products
- Understanding of risk types – Market, operational, settlement, credit, legal and reputational
- Systems skills – Understanding of risk management and reporting systems, straight through processing, Excel/Access
- Problem solving – Developing and implementing solutions to often complex issues
- Control –Understanding and implementing the control framework to mitigate risk through the transaction lifecycle
- Projects - Assisting in the delivery of tactical and strategic solutions
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.