|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Program Manager, Azure Active Directory
The Digital Transformation is upon us! Applications and data are moving to the cloud; employees want to be productive on devices they love from locations of their choice; organizations want to give seamless access to partners and engage with their customers with compelling apps; self-service is in and helpdesks are passé. In the middle of all these exciting changes, security breaches are getting more sophisticated by the day. The single common factor in this journey that the IT world is undertaking is... Identity.
This is your chance to join our exciting and diverse team that's deeply engaged in these changes and challenges to help guide our customers along this transformational journey.
- Help a world-class tech enterprise secure access to sensitive designs as they work closely on the next gadget that will change the world.
- Help a humanitarian aid organization secure login to its case management database.
- Help a group of universities from around the world set up a collaboration space where researchers can work to advance a much-needed cure.
The GTP ("Get To Production") team is a part of the identity engineering division within Microsoft's booming Cloud & Enterprise business. We work with customers from all over the world and we work directly with engineering to shape the product. The best of both worlds!
As you take on this role, you will develop the technical expertise to earn the privilege of being a trusted advisor to IT and organizations including most Fortune 1000 companies. You will have opportunities to travel around the country and the world and get a chance to meet engaging people from all walks of life. Your guidance will impact the hundreds of thousands of employees at these organizations and the hundreds of millions of people whose lives they touch every day. You will roll up your sleeves and solve deep, technical problems. You will represent our product vision, capabilities and solutions to all levels of leadership across our customers and partners. You will be meeting with CIOs and CTOs discussing the value the cloud brings, you will be discussing architecture and strategy with Security and Application architects and going into the nitty gritty implementation details of everyday IT Ops.
Day to day, our Program Managers own a select set of enterprise customers and work to create clarity across the customer’s business goals and technical requirements on their journey to the cloud. We help translate these requirements into a strong technical solution based on our Azure Active Directory technology stack. Where we identify product gaps, we then engage directly with the feature teams, sharing requirements, participating in the design of the feature and finally in validating with the customers that the new work addressed their need. Real-time, customer-obsessed engineering. This is the new Microsoft.
Our cloud technologies are evolving at a rapid pace and we are looking for active learners who can collaborate across a diverse and global team and are happy dealing with ambiguity.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of work experience designing, building and/or implementing software products. Having 2+ years of recent experience with cloud service development, design and/or deployment is a plus
- Passion for understanding things deeply, whether it’s customer requirements or product technologies
- Love for engaging customers, listening, problem solving
- Strong communications skills
- Demonstrating critical thinking and solid trouble shooting abilities
- Extra credit if you've been in a customer-facing role and/or have background in Identity and Access Management technologies
- Additional extra credit if you have supported developers or have built applications for consumers