|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for Cloud Services? Do you love to solve problems and help improve the quality of Microsoft's products? Are you customer obsessed and have a growth mindset? If so, this is a great opportunity for you.
Microsoft Services is looking for a Premier Field Engineer (PFE). In this role you will be working with customers and partners building, deploying, operating and optimizing large complex enterprise environments. You will also be responsible for customer satisfaction, deployment, adoption and support of enterprise Microsoft deployments.
As a Premier Field Engineer you will be a key technical resource for the customer, primarily focused on delivering proactive services such as education workshops, delivering assessments and providing tailored guidance. Troubleshooting skills are essential as this role will include working with Microsoft Premier Support to expedite incident resolution. The role can include a mixture of short and long-term customer engagements.
As a Premier Field Engineer for Support for Mission Critical (SMC) customers, you will represent Microsoft, deliver SMC services and communicate with corporate customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service regarding escalated problems in Microsoft software products, and manage relationships with SMC customers. It's your chance to:
- Act as the customer lead for Proactive and reactive service delivery for SMC accounts
- Responsible for creating SMC lifecycle technical documentations, customer specific training documentation and custom customer education sessions
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, architects, TAMs, DSEs and account executive management.
- Maintain strong relationships w/ customer contacts to ensure high CPE
- Develop custom scripts to monitor or fix issues, or create customer specific KBs to mitigate customer pains longer term; this may involve writing sample code or new IP development type of work
- Manage crisis situations that may involve politically challenging issues and diverse audiences and participate in the 24X7 on-call rotation model.
- Available to travel within EMEA for assigned SMC customer accounts to conduct SMC lifecycle related assessments / reviews, to ensure timely delivery (up to 20%).
- Lead regular triage meetings to share lesion learned with customers, engineers and TAMs, and defines mitigation strategies to ensure customer solutions run efficiently.
- Collaborate with other technical teams (EE, PFE, TAMs, Dev. & MCS architect) at Microsoft to deliver product and solution level support
- Train and mentor others, across regional teams and help with onboarding of new engineers
- Knowledgeable in AAD design, architecture, troubleshooting and implementation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information System, Math, Engineering, Business, or related field.
- 4+ years of industry experience with Microsoft Server products includes Windows Server Directory Services, Azure AD, Azure Networking and Active Directory Federation Services based products
- Knowledgeable in implementation, optimization and troubleshooting of Azure Networking technologies
- Use trace analysis, debug skills, source code, and other proprietary tools, to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs; this may involve writing code
- Solid understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technologies fundamentals.
- Understanding of n-tier solutions
- Must have the ability to take on internal initiatives to create services opportunities, and work in a fast-paced environment while balancing multiple demands, addressing shifting priorities, and maintaining focus
- Strong customer facing delivery and presentation skills
Intermittently, there will be business need to travel within EMEA depending on the account you will own
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.