|Job Type:||Full Time|
Rare: we're not your typical developer. Our 30+ years in the game-making business have been dedicated to crafting one beloved title after another, constantly trying new things, and infusing the fun we have every day into the games we create. Check out the Rare Replay collection for three whirlwind decades of evidence! We strive to keep Rare a fantastic place to work, from its beautiful location and state-of-the-art facilities to a strong focus on work/life balance.
If you're a keen gamer, chances are you've already caught wind of our epic shared-world pirate adventure Sea of Thieves, released in March 2018 and a journey we're committed to for the long haul even as we begin to think about what's out there beyond the horizon. With every day bringing new challenges and discoveries in equal measure, there's never been a more rewarding time to join our daredevil crew!
Are you an imaginative Environment Artist with a drive to create beautiful environments, objects, flora and props? We’re on the hunt for a Senior Environment Artist who will have the opportunity to leave their mark on both current and future games. Rare’s games are iconic in their style and this role is vital to our game’s development.
Your focus will be on the creation of gameplay items, weapons, environment objects, props, architecture and beautiful flora to furnish our game worlds. Our ideal person will have several years’ experience creating environments and 3D objects as your role will report into our Lead Environment Artist and will play a key part in shaping how our game worlds look and feel to our players.
- Create outstanding game assets from a concept.
- Improve the player experience by recognising and improving the look of pre-existing game assets to use in our world.
- Take art and design requirements and provide solutions to briefs.
- Maintain quality control.
- Deliver content on schedule and within technical specifications.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in game development as a 3D Artist specialising in Environment Art.
- Familiar with next-generation asset creation pipelines and tools.
- A good artistic eye for detail, colour, value, tone, silhouette, composition etc.
- Able to contribute to the development of environmental elements.
- Competent in relevant art creation software – Maya, Z brush, Photoshop, Substance.
- Comfortable working in a pre-defined Art Style.
- Self-motivation, excellent communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills.
- Have shipped a AAA Console/PC titles as an Environment/Prop Artist.
Rare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.