|Job Type:||Full Time|
Rare: we're not your typical developer. Our 30+ years in the game-making business have been dedicated to crafting one beloved title after another, constantly trying new things, and infusing the fun we have every day into the games we create. Check out the Rare Replay collection for three whirlwind decades of evidence! We strive to keep Rare a fantastic place to work, from its beautiful location and state-of-the-art facilities to a strong focus on work/life balance.
If you're a keen gamer, chances are you've already caught wind of our epic shared world pirate adventure Sea of Thieves, released in March 2018 and a journey we're committed to for the long haul even as we begin to think about what's out there beyond the horizon. With every day bringing new challenges and discoveries in equal measure, there's never been a more rewarding time to join our daredevil crew!
Rare games are recognised globally for their unique graphics style, from iconic characters to beautiful environments and effects. As a Rendering Engineer, you’ll have the chance to implement state-of-the-art techniques that can be used in all our titles and make Rare games what they are!
You’ll be working as part of the Rendering team, liaising closely with the Art and Design teams to help them achieve the artistic vision for our games. Your focus will be optimising rendering performance for different specs of hardware. With your drive and determination, we can achieve the best possible visual fidelity on all our target platforms at a high framerate.
Graphics are vital to all of Rare's games, and as a Rendering Engineer, you'll have the chance to drive the quality of visuals in our future titles that delight and excite our players.
- Develop new rendering tech that meets the requirements of titles in development.
- Profile and optimise rendering code, both on the CPU and GPU.
- Maintain existing rendering systems and extend their functionality when required.
- Support the Art teams and work with them to achieve their visual target.
- Push the boundaries of what's been achieved in graphics before, to create ever more impressive rendered game worlds.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience developing real-time graphics.
- Recent professional experience developing in C++.
- Experience with DirectX 11, 12 and HLSL is desirable.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine is desirable.
- Formal qualifications in Computer Science are desirable.
Rare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.