|Job Type:||Full Time|
This manager role is responsible for leading a team of Enterprise Channel Managers, reporting into the Enterprise Channel Manager Director. This is a key role within Microsoft's channel management strategy and an integral part of the One Commercial Partner Organization.
The role is required to work closely with the Enterprise Channel Manager Director, to help lead partner impact in customer accounts, drive customer aligned channel development and execution with co-sell ready partners. This role will drive leadership on co-sell priorities and will orchestrate across the Enterprise Sales, Customer Success, Partner Engagement and Go-to-Market teams enabling Customer success with Services and IP partners offerings.
This role will manage a team of Enterprise Channel Managers, and alongside the Enterprise Channel Director will help lead, develop and retain a team of high performing individuals to execute the relevant priority Go-to-Market plays, ensuring optimum customer success with partners.
The role will be expected to have deep knowledge and expertise of the partners in the geography by industry, to support solution selling, customers’ digital transformation, and to build this expertise in the Enterprise Channel team. The role will help represent Microsoft to the enterprise channel, will be able to communicate our strategy, evangelize our vision, and act as an advocate of our best partners to Microsoft teams and customers.
The investment in this manager role in the Enterprise Channel team evidences Microsoft’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem, and will nurture a partner network at senior levels by building mutually beneficial co-sell partnerships.
Please find below the kinds of leadership areas/skills that would be great for the role:
Channel Management Strategy:
- Strategically develop a partner ecosystem for each industry in the Commercial business, across all key solution areas. The strategy aim is to drive enterprise customer revenue, consumption and success.
- Deliver partner expertise to account teams to facilitate solution selling motion and build this expertise across the ECM team members.
- Cultivate industry focused partner ecosystem(s), create connections and build those relationships.
- Assist in orchestrating co-sell motions and capability with the GTM and other Partner Management teams across the One Commercial organization, and globally where relevant.
- Provide inputs to Partner Engagement and Go To Market teams to recruit and enable new partners to accelerate the customer opportunity closure.
- Understanding and thought leadership of digital transformation business drivers and cloud platforms such as Azure, with Microsoft or other technologies.
- Experience in Enterprise sales leadership, & people management in the technology industry.
- Work with the Enterprise Channel Lead to drive orchestration across subsidiary teams to grow enterprise business with partners.
- Track and assess co-sell performance and adjust strategy to ensure success with the Enterprise Channel Lead.
- Help drive integration of partner co-sell into sales operations, orchestrations and business review motions.
- Help facilitate solution selling and identification of the best partners.
- Ability to influence strategy & resources to help achieve targets with Sales Leadership, Partners as measured by co-sell and consumption measurements.
- Lead team members to deliver partner expertise to Enterprise account teams (Commercial).
- Facilitate solution selling and drive breadth and velocity of pipeline of key metrics (co-sell measurements, adding new customers to cloud services like Azure, ensuring usage of technologies like Teams).
- Recruit, retain, manage and coach a high performing Enterprise Channel Manager team, supporting the Enterprise Channel Director.
- Create a diverse and inclusive environment where team members can thrive and grow.
- Be a team leader who sets aspirational goals and drives team towards success while ensuring effective teaming and coordination between roles across teams to win business and remove blockers.
- Ensure an inclusive and collaborative work environment, driving teamwork, diversity and cross-team alignment
- Outstanding interpersonal and coaching skills; leading cross group collaboration with a proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries.
- Able to synthesize the complex, energise a team and manage a complex stakeholder map to drive business success.
- Build and encourage a diverse and inclusive culture across the team.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstratable experience in partner management, sales management, partner channel development, people management, business development in the technology industry.
- Demonstratable leadership experience, leading teams, v-teams and people in a large complex environment.
- Extensive experience of managing people and virtual teams across functions and geographies:
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork, diversity and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and coaching skills; cross group collaboration, and proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries
- Able to motivate a team and manage complex people dynamics
- Experience driving transformation, organizational and business change while delivering on short term results.
- Strong communication skills, good presentation skills with experience of delivering presentations to varying audience sizes.
- Excellence in problem solving; with a mentality and proven ability to leverage internal and/or external resources, including a strong conflict resolution capability and follow through with partners.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.