|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a passionate Scrum Master who is excited about how Agile can transform the way we do business. You’ll be reporting directly to the Capability Lead for the Wealth Investments Team but will have responsibilities across our entire Agile Release Train. You’ll be someone who’s ready to take on a new challenge, leading our efforts to improve agile fluency and cross-team collaboration to help shape how our Wealth IT delivery team executes on its strategic and tactical portfolio of work.
You should be ready to hone new skills, too. You will be working across teams and projects facilitating our Agile delivery efforts across design, development, build and testing – putting you in the best place to see what’s working and what’s not. You will also be a key enabler for the team, removing roadblocks and helping us continually improve they way we work. This role also involves being the Scrum Master for our Investments Team, empowering and coaching the team and the wider Agile Release Train to truly effective delivery.
The Wealth Investments Team is a core capability for our Wealth business. It is an enabler for our investment area and is core to driving scalable growth. We are in the process of initiating a program of work to implement the next generation portfolio management system which will support our business for the next five to ten years and we want you to be a key part of this journey.
You will also help support the business on our nearer term initiatives. These projects will range from reporting, regulatory change, order management and rebalancing as well as our dealing and trading platforms.
What you’ll need to do
You will be performing the role of scrum master, helping to remove impediments, increase our Agile fluency, and helping to delivery business value to our stakeholders. You will also work across the wider Wealth IT Team, driving consistency in how we use our tools and report and track progress and coaching other scrum masters to improve their Agile fluency.
You will be working in a truly Agile environment, liaising with colleagues globally and influencing technical decision making. We will invest in you and your development, and you will have the opportunity to work internationally and across the division.
Work in an Agile way, using SAFe:
- help us meet our PI and Sprint objectives
- play a big part in ‘ceremonies’
- continuously seek to improve the way we work
- facilitate cross-team collaboration and dependency management
Raise our game:
- reflect on your projects, looking for and sharing ways to improve
- broaden the team’s horizons, boosting their analysis, testing and software development skills (remembering to keep developing your own skills, too)
Why work in Wealth Management Technology at Schroders?
People know Schroders as a 200-year-old investment management business. And when it comes to technology, we’re up there with our peers, and raising the bar in our industry! But we’re not content with that. We’d rather compare ourselves with the most successful tech businesses, and the most innovative start-ups.
If you join us on that mission, you’ll get the chance to:
- share what you already know to make an immediate impact on live challenges
- work with, debate with, and learn from a team of talented peers
- work on a variety of projects.
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we’re looking for
- Have worked in a Financial Services environment before
- Experience working as a scrum master for a delivery team
- Certified Safe Agilist (SA) / Certified Scrum Master (Scrum) is required
- An undergraduate degree (or equivalent). We prefer a computer science or finance focus
- A demonstrable ability to coach with a servant leader attitude
- Fluent in all Agile concepts and able to facilitate all Agile ceremonies
- Demonstrable focus on continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work at all levels
What you’ll be doing
- Scrum Master for the Investments delivery team, being responsible for the success of the Agile process in the context of SAFe
- Coaching the wider Wealth team to increase our Agile fluency and improve the way we work and collaborate
- Assisting the RTE in driving standards across the ART
- Assisting the RTE to ensure EPMO reporting requirements are met across the ART
- Driving the agenda around data driven planning (story points estimation, tracking of say-do ratios, etc.)
What you’ll be like
- Friendly: people the world over like working with you, and they’re never afraid to ask you for help
- Interested in the latest tech developments, and how you can use them
- Calm: you’re positive under pressure and happy to take the lead in challenging times
- Gutsy: you know ‘good’ isn’t good enough. So you solve problems and challenge the status quo to find better ways to do things.