|Job Type:||Full Time|
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that’s managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we’ve grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
Global Infrastructure Technology is responsible for running all aspects of Infrastructure for Schroders globally. We have representative support personnel in most global offices. The bulk of architecture & engineering happens in London, Singapore & New York.
Leading the automation and cloud disciplines within infrastructure to ensure efficient automation across platforms and processes. You will engage with multiple technology teams across the business to standardise and enhance the services that Infrastructure provide. Working with Architecture teams to ensure optimal SDLC and IAC standards are adhered to and enhanced as well as ensuring a secure and effective service to our clients. Working at bridging the gaps between the various teams to ensure a consistent and repeatable deployment \ integration with various tools and products.
Strong technical leadership is needed to be able to set the example and ensure that knowledge is shared and passed on to others, enabling wider adoption so that teams build on your frameworks.
This role includes the adoption of public cloud. Currently AWS and Azure are targets. Support models and processes are to be built and enhanced to ensure a consistent approach and adoption is maintained. You will need to ensure that operational teams have the required processes and procedures to support these environments.
This role has been created as part of the globalisation of the infrastructure teams & technologies for Schroders. This role will shape, build, design, enhance, test and deliver against the global strategy for Cloud and on premise infrastructure. They will be responsible for globally delivery and travel to the regions will be potentially required from time to time.
Define, Enhance and maintain global strategy
Design, test and build self-service platform and tooling in highly secured environment.
Drive standardization by software implementation.
Build a platform, capable of abstraction complexity from users and automate the manual process by thinking creatively.
Work closely with the support functions. Storage, Linux \ Unix, Wintel and DBAs to ensure all designs & deployments are globally consistent, scalable and supportable.
Work with our internal clients, assisting their projects, offering support and guidance to their initiatives, while keeping in mind Global Platforms strategy.
Work with vendors and other internal teams
Evangelize and drive adoption and integration into defined pipelines and processes
General and Technical skills
- Have a product mind-set and always thinking about how technical/none-technical consumers will be consuming these services.
- Experienced in software defined infrastructure by building components across the technology stack (network, storage, virtualization, deployment and infrastructure lifecycle management).
- Be able to discuss, design, implement and document complex solutions to improve business inefficacy.
- Understand the importance of metrics & statistics when measuring the performance & capacity.
- Software engineering principles, TDD/BDD.
- Developing components or services in Node, Golang, Python (at least one).
- Implement and deliver solution via CI/CD pipeline, Test/Behavioural Driven Development.
- Modern virtualization method with container solutions (Docker on Windows/Linux).
- In-depth knowledge of Windows / Linux operating systems.
- In-depth knowledge of modern virtualization via containerization.
- Automation and operation model in highly dynamic cloud environment (Microsoft Azure, AWS).
- Scripting in Bash or PowerShell.
- Knowledge of configuration management using Ansible for Linux or DSC for Windows (or similar tools).
- Active Directory / LDAP for services integration.
- Terraform and Container cluster Kubernetes (EKS) experience.
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering principles and implement solutions using software engineering methodology (algorithms, data structure, failure design and performance).
- In-depth knowledge of CI/CD and be able to apply the principle through out the platform services development life-cycle (TDD, BDD).
- In-depth technical knowledge of API integrations via software development and complex automation framework.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Azure/AWS cloud services, understand immutable infrastructure principles and apply the models to on-premise and off-premise.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.