|Job Type:||Full Time|
Provide assistance to the Head of Operational Planning with regards to all operational projects.
Provide assistance with regard to new regulatory requirements and the practical implementation of those requirements.
Provide assistance to the Head of Operational Planning Wealth Management with regard to CASS.
Provide assistance with regard to new operational projects including the review and suggested improvements of current processes.
Consider and assist in providing input and new ideas to operational efficiencies where possible.
Assist with the planning, co-ordination and execution of both internal and external audits. Liaising with internal audit and external auditors where necessary.
Assist with monitoring and control of all outsourced services and ensuring they operate within the designed framework. Analysing and adjusting that framework as required.
Travel to other Schroder WM offices in Europe and central Asia may be required.
Reports to Head of Operational Planning, Wealth Management.
Overview of Key Duties:
- Provide assistance and help on the most effective approach for systems improvements. Responsible for review of operational and systems implications across all WM middle office operation teams for new and existing product development.
- To learn about and help ensure that the CASS requirements are being met within the organisation on behalf of the Head od Operational Planning and the SMF24, including regular monitoring of client money and custody operations to ensure appropriate segregation and reconciliation of client money/assets at all times, to assist with the ongoing maintenance and oversight of the Axiom controls platform. To ensure MI is produced to assist management.
- To help manage and implement projects (both operational and regulatory).
- To help coordinate middle office operations audit requests.
- To assist with monitoring all WM outsourcing arrangements.
- Factor Summaries
Role provides specialist support to those directly involved in all areas of WM operations.
Formally assists and provides input to Heads of departments, WM middle office and operational areas, other operational areas of the business as required.
Responsible for the refinement of existing procedures / practices / processes.
Helps provide expert financial services operations advice. One of few sources within Schroders at this level, decisions of significant importance would be based on the advice given.
Through the nature of contact and authority entrusted to them by the organisation, the role holder would have an impact on particular individuals / departments.
Role has a major impact on their work group (e.g. they may be the leader of the group) OR a moderate impact on functional area in which they operate.
Typical educational requirement: Graduate or higher education plus professional qualification desirable.
Has extensive and deep experience of a broad area of Financial Services Operations or the management of a large sub function or function within Financial Services Operations.
Knowledge of CASS or experience operating in a CASS regulated environment.
Knowledge of liaising and dealing directly with regulatory authorities such as the FCA or PRA.
New ideas are developed by the role holder that will result in significant changes to the existing products, services, methods, procedure and/or approaches of Schroders. Such roles will involve research, analysis and reasoned arguments.
Responsible for planning own workload typically against a backdrop of changing priorities and / or external events for the week ahead.
Responsible for coordinating and planning their objectives and activities for the week ahead.
Responsible for the detailed planning of activities a recognised sub function within a business area for the month or further ahead.
Needs to take key decisions that may have a significant financial and/or operational impact on Schroders. Previous solutions may not always be available. Situations will be complex, involved and often with considerable grey area.