|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Investment Services Team is a central team within Investment, reporting to the Investment COO and with a global remit. The team provides support to the other Investment Teams in the Schroders Asset Management Business and works with teams across Schroders to implement change. The team aims to enable business growth, make data improvements, manage risk and simplify the business.
The Trading Support function has the responsibility of supporting the front office Trading teams. Enabling platforms, setting up markets, liaising with brokers and ensuring best practice is maintained across the trading teams in all processes.
Working within the wider Investment Services function, the primary responsibility of this team is supporting the front office Trading teams. The team will be responsible for setting up trading capabilities with external parties, enabling electronic trading platforms and ensuring consistency of processes across teams where possible. The team will cover all instruments and all markets.
Overview of key duties
- Gathering requirements relating to enhancements of the trading process, tracking these, and coordinating the implementation process on behalf of the Trading teams, which includes enabling:
– New Clearing Houses
– New brokers
– New instruments
– New markets
– New Trading Venues
Keeping up to date with regulatory changes, understanding/assessing the impact on the trading desks
Managing the periodic review of Trading Venue Rule Books, reviewing the controls to ensure ongoing compliance
Enable best execution where possible through identifying documentation gaps, and work with legal / Client / Investment teams to resolve
- Ability to prioritise and manage own activities in the best interests of the organisation
- Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with senior stakeholders, is able to adapt communication style to suit audience
- Builds trusting relationships with stakeholders at all levels, is able to build a positive profile across the organisation
- Able to work collaboratively across teams, to tight deadlines and provide regular progress updates
- Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences and time zones
- Broad Investment management experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Front Office processes as they apply to Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset business domains
o Middle and Back Office processes as they apply to Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset business domains
- Motivated, committed and enthusiastic personality. Must have a “can do” attitude.
- Educated to a minimum of first degree level