|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wealth Management – EMEA Strategic Programs Group – Vice President – Project/Program Manager - Edinburgh
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
EMEA Strategic Programs Group is a program and project management team, focusing on defining strategy, solutions and plans to manage change initiatives impacting the Global Wealth Management Business (the Private Bank). Our Initiatives are both regulatory and/or business driven, focusing on business improvement, growth, expansion and enhanced controls. The team works cross-functionally with product specialists, front office advisors, business management, legal, risk management, compliance, operations, technology, middle office, marketing and other stakeholders.
The role will focus on the development, implementation and on-going support of strategic programs that meet Business and Regulatory demands. You will perform detailed analyses and define feasibility plans, coordinate delivery of results across different teams and departments, manage and report progress through project plans and other reporting tools, and drive the implementation of business solutions and change management initiatives. The size and duration of each project will vary but the objectives will focus on similar key aspects such as risk mitigation, process efficiency, technology enablement and business development. The Vice President needs to have the mindset to integrate into an internal management consulting team.
- Drive project deliverables; design, develop and establish key reporting standards; consistently follow up on requests, tasks and assignments
- Define project scope and identify and build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Own, deliver and execute tasks in a timely manner, manage and meet deadlines; effectively prioritize workload across the team and keep others informed of progress
- Show leadership in difficult or complex situations
- Identify potential risks, issues and dependencies and the path to mitigation or resolution
- Understand the project subject matter and context, including regulatory environment
- Take initiative in proposing solutions and “thinking outside of the box”; consider impact across business; collect information proactively and re-evaluate solutions
- Contribute in meaningful and appropriate ways to meetings or calls; clear, concise and confident written and oral communications
- Make results of own analysis understandable, enabling others to accept and buy-in to conclusions
- Build network and understanding in and outside of the Strategic Programs Group, across geographies
- Demonstrate a commitment to acquiring new knowledge and skills; seek to continuously improve standards of work, address opportunities for development
- Experience in leading projects and programmes independently with direct reporting to senior management
- Experience in business change or a consulting framework
- Experience of identifying and mitigating risks, anticipating problems and providing solutions
- Ability to balance client needs within given regulatory and risk parameters
- Detailed-oriented with strong organizational and prioritization skills. Ability to work independently showing initiative and problem solving, while working within a team environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate key messages, and simplify complex business situations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage across all levels of seniority and functions with confidence, and to develop effective partnerships with key business partners
- Strategic and analytical thinker with a drive towards execution and delivering results
- Ability to adapt to change and turn challenges into opportunities
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio and Project; experience in process flow analysis/mapping
- Be a team player who is flexible and can maintain both a positive attitude and high level of performance on high demand/time-sensitive initiatives
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree (or equivalent)
- Exposure to financial services industry and interest in Private Banking
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to pursue a career with JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s Operations in Edinburgh, please apply online providing a cover letter and CV in English.