|Job Type:||Full Time|
Technology Product Owner - Surveillance IT
Big BankFunding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technologyteams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design andbuild digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world,to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our ITinfrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’sleading international bank.
Ourmulti-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front andback end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, aswell as project and programme managers.
We work insmall, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices atthe Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, andmultiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley andBirmingham.
Followingextensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plansfor continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a Technology Product Owner for Surveillance IT.
Brief overview of the business areas
TheSurveillance IT team is a department within HSBC’s Global Banking & MarketsIT function. The team is responsible for the software and hardware underpinningthe firms’ primary Trade, eComms, Voice and Unauthorised Tradingapplications. Our clients are internalusers from the Regulatory Compliance function, who are responsible for thedefinition of surveillance techniques and models, the monitoring of alerts, andthe management of any subsequent investigations and reports into suspiciousactivity.
The Technology Product Owner role will sit within the Global Market Surveillanceprogramme and its primary responsibility is analysis of business needs andother issues relating to the IT surveillance platform.
What you will be doing;
- Responsible for an IT Product delivery.
- Translate Business Requirements provided by theChange Business Analysts / Product Owners into Functional Stories with clearlydefined business outcomes and acceptance criteria.
- Work with our own Data Team Analysts totranslate these stories in to Technical Stories to be implemented by the DataTeam and to also support the Data Team Analysts in the sourcing of data.
- Work with the Project QA Team to ensure thatQuality Assurance is planned in to the delivery and achieved.
- Work with the Change Business Analysts andsupport them during Data Quality Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Assuresdelivery through the entire life-cycle of the project of user requirementsthrough to live Analysis and documentation of business requirements
- Supportingthe Product Owner to evolve Product roadmap, creation of epics and writing ofuser stories and managing the product backlog
- Analysisof customer journeys and product functionality in order for a development team/ vendor to meet the required business outcome
- Managingchange activities which can include diverse tasks such as timeline planning tostakeholder engagement
- TheIdentification, analysis and validation of multiple data elements includingTrade, Order, Reference and Market data sources
- Theparticipation in testing cycles, working with the System Testers to ensureadequate test scripts have been built and run, assisting users with acceptancetesting
- Leading,facilitating and participation in meetings / workshops
- Contributesto the development of the BA elements of the IT Portfolio and ProgrammeManagement practice. Encourages adoption of the practice across the BAcommunity.
- Drivingmeasurable continuous improvement into all delivery environments across alldisciplines
- Helpsto define and track metrics and Performance Indicators for the product
- Guidesthe Agile Team performance and outcome metrics as required
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant internalinstructions (FIMs, GSMs, circulars), internal control standards and externalregulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk andadherence to the Group’s standards of ethical behaviour