Azure Cloud Solutions Architect
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2020 and beyond, we are currently seeking an Azure Cloud Solutions Architect to join HSBC Technology.
You will work within the Azure Cloud Services team and will own the Azure infrastructure technical customer engagements providing subject matter expertise including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or pilots.
- Understand customers’ overall functional and non-functional requirements, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation
- Architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions)
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernisation roadmap and architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, orchestrating key resources and infusing key infrastructure technologies (e.g. Windows and Linux IaaS, Container based solutions, Security, Management, Storage, Networking)
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within the company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and share within the technical community
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Azure Engineering team to remove key blockers
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners
- Ensure all relevant architecture governance, policy, and standards are met
- Develop and promote the reuse of patterns
- Assist the Operations team with any high priority technical incidents
- Maintain and manage all customer facing information and knowledge bases for Platform Architecture, Solution Design and key design decisions
- Provide Management reporting to ensure data driven discussions for continuous improvement
- Gather requirements and provide continuous feedback loops between customer and Engineering teams