|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan is a leading liquidity provider in global Rates markets. We offer a full spectrum of products and services - including FX forwards and swaps. The Automated Trading Strategies (ATS) group runs systematic trading within this space and are responsible for algorithmic pricing, automated risk management and hedging, and intelligent order execution strategies. ATS works closely with other internal parties (other trading desks, sales, IT, research) to ensure clients are taking advantage of the firm's broad array of market-leading electronic services.
The trading strategist will work as part of the ATS front-office team on the Rates floor in London with primary focus on the FX forward/swap markets. The individual must be responsible, independent and able to work in smooth coordination with the larger team. The group is globally distributed so some travelling to New York and possibly Asia should be expected. The environment is fast-paced and challenging.
ATS is accountable to trading revenue. Members of the team are also expected to cover a wide range of responsibilities as ATS staff cross over between trading, quantitative analysis and technology. These include designing trading and execution strategies; researching micro-patterns and trends; building, maintaining and upgrading applications & tools; supporting day-to-day trading. Some on call time will be expected.
- Analysis of client and trade data to identify
- Formulation, analysis and backtesting of pricing,
execution, risk management strategies and signals
- Performing ad hoc data mining tasks and requests
- Building tools for automation and for the benefit
of our own group and others, resolving day to day issues
- Work in close collaboration with IB technology to
drive the automated trading technology agenda and in many cases work
jointly on implementation
- Interest in market microstructures and
quantitative trading in FX forwards and swaps
- Excellent quantitative, modelling, and analytical
- Attention to detail, adaptable and hungry to
- Strong communication skills
- Design and programming skills, with primary focus
on Java and Python
- Interest in applying agile development practices
in a front-office trading environment
- FX and Rates markets experience and general
trading concepts and terminology
- Experience in manipulating large amounts of data
including e-commerce, historical and financial data
- Experience of working with ECNs
- Knowledge of UNIX scripting, KDB, SQL
- Direct experience of agile software methodologies
- Minimum B.Sc in Engineering, Mathematics,
Physics, Computer Science or equivalent
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.