|Job Type:||Full Time|
The global Firmwide Risk Reporting team is responsible for reporting risk exposures across market, credit, country, model and legal entity risk. Risk reports are provided to the Board of Directors, Senior Management and Risk Managers to facilitate a clear understanding and timely management of risk across the firm.
Associate Roles and Responsibilities:
This role is part of Country Risk Reporting. There is a heavy analytical nature to this role which requires the ability to have a conceptual conversation with the business and turn that into a high quality end-product with appropriate analytical commentary. The right candidate must understand and challenge the numbers, and be able to tell the story behind them.
Additionally, the candidate needs to understand data flows, investigate and remediate data issues between upstreamsource systems and the Country Risk Infrastructure.
The role entails the collection, aggregation and analysis of data to produce Country Reports which are used by Senior Risk Management to monitor the firm’s overall risk to selected countries. Topics covered within the job profile include derivative, loans and commitments, issuer positions, internal country ratings, new business initiatives, country strategy papers, exposure and stress against Country Limits, and other risk analyses. The right candidate must have an understanding of either market risk or credit risk concepts and must be able to understand and explain complex stress calculations and the theory behind them.
The team interacts heavily with the Country Risk Management, Credit Risk Management, various Middle Offices, Credit and Market Risk Reporting, Risk F&BM, Investor Relations and Technology.
There is a critical need to focus on ensuring that the risk reporting is comprehensive, useable, and accurate so that all levels of risk management can use it to understand and manage the business in a timely and effective manner.
Specific responsibilities/deliverables include:
- Contribute to the team’s weekly country reporting to Senior Management
- Lead the collection, aggregation, and analysis of information related to Country Risk for a particular region. Present findings to Country Risk Management at regular meetings. Provide insight as to the method of stress calculation and factors driving changes to stress levels. Weigh the impact of methodology and process changes and communicate findings to technology and senior management.
- Crisis Monitoring
- Assist in ad-hoc data collection and review of information for countries requiring increased scrutiny. Present findings to senior management.
- Contribute to weekly reports sent to Senior Management and Senior Risk Management
- Ensure weekly commentary is received and updated, where applicable.
- Update exposure data and associated comparative commentaries
- Contribute to the improvement and automation of the Country Risk reporting process
- Data process automation via Excel and tactical use of Excel macros.
- Participate in continuing development of new exposure management tool.
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access, and Business Objects
- Solid background in the development and use of Macro’s and VBA
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving abilities
- Product knowledge and / or experience of Wholesale Credit, Market, Country, or Liquidity risk is desirable
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good team player who can work well with colleagues of various levels, across multiple locations
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple tasks, and bring tasks to complete closure
- Self-motivated and comfortable working with large amounts of data
- Numerate or IT degree or equivalent desirable
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.