|Job Type:||Full Time|
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at
Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
We are looking for a Software Engineer - Full Stack Developer to join our Team in Ashby-de-la-Zouch.
- You will be working as part of a team responsible for the delivery of projects spanning everything from ETL jobs and low-level embedded protocol integrations to more commonly high-level integrations making use of web-based API’s and services to cloud based systems with web front ends.
- You will be required to have both a high level of coding abilities along with some artistic flair to provide applications and user interfaces which meet with our brand standards and engage our customers.
- You will be expected to fully immerse yourself into the Schneider Electric product set to better understand our Customers’ needs. This will include not only Classroom and eLearning but from time to time visiting our Customers and being an ambassador for the team.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Participate in technical specifications for components to be developed internally or by external contributors to the platform
- Evaluate new technologies that can be integrated in the platform by creating proof of concepts
- Participate in the development and testing of Software libraries for the platform
- Ensure maintenance and bug fixing on all software components
- Be the interface between the users and external vendors
- Provide support for line of business and team colleagues on your software components for integration in their solutions
- Pluralsight subscription
- MSDN Professional/Ultimate Subscription (depending on requirements)
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Passionate about learning and staying up to date with the latest technologies.
- A willingness to learn the full Schneider Electric product set; ranging from Power, Data Centres and Building Automation to Industrial Applications and Data Analytics.
- BSc in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical engineering or related field.
- Visual Studio.
- Care deeply about clean and maintainable code.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Advanced knowledge of PHP & MySQL.
- Cloud based application architectures.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and customer oriented.
- Ability to work well individually and in a highly collaborative, multi-site team.
- Familiar with Agile development methodology
- Laravel knowledge/experience
- ALM tools such as Azure DevOps
- Unit test frameworks and tools: NUnit, xUnit, ReSharper
- Familiar with the Microsoft Azure Platform
- Familiar with NuGet Repositories and Jenkins Build Servers
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.