|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Systems Analyst (IT Controls)
Some careers growfaster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty ofopportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich withpotential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simplytake you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support andrewards that will take you further.
At HSBC, we are transforming technology infinancial services, using the latest digital tools and methodologies to makeour customers’ banking experience simpler, better, faster and more secure.
To achieve this, we have many exciting challengesahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would liketo do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching fortechnologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will haveaccess to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive payand benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-basedemployees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return towork, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently hiring for a BusinessSystems Analyst to be responsible for conducting reviews across Compliance IT systems(Transaction Monitoring, Sanctions Name Screening, CDD) focussing on the ITControls (e.g. Data Integrity, Batch Management, Change Management, etc.)applicable to those systems.
The role is responsible for gathering information, conducting reviews andidentifying gaps (if any) for a given application/ scope. This involvesliaising with the application owners, designing and executing data analysis andundertaking documentation reviews. For any identified gaps, the Analyst willundertake detailed root cause analysis on the applications and underlying datainterfaces and manipulations to identify gaps in control effectiveness andidentify options to remediate and enhance those controls.
Key duties include:
- Conductdetailed and thorough reviews of the Compliance IT systems (TM, Sanctions NS,CDD) to assess the effectiveness of the controls.
- ConductRoot Cause Analysis and work with the system team to identify solutions toissues found.
- Reportauthoring - detailed documentation of reviews undertaken, findings,recommendations and creation of a robust audit trails.
- Act as anambassador for the team and promote Compliance IT Controls when engagingstakeholders, system owners and wider Compliance IT/Risk community.
- Contributeto the ongoing improvement of the team's methodologies and operating assets