|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Project Director within the Transport Planning team, you'll support the team's leadership in growing the development of our client portfolio working with a range of public sector clients and contribute to the development of new markets. In particular you will project manage and deliver various transport planning and transport strategy projects such as transport business cases.
Key responsibilities will involve the following:
- Project Director/Manager for transport planning and multi-disciplinary projects for a variety of project types, sizes and client type, involving responsibility for resourcing, financial management and controls
- Supporting senior staff in growing our market presence and client relationships
- Manage staff in terms of briefing, checking technical work and adherence to project plans
- Preparing and/or contributing to technical reports and other project outputs
- Mentoring and training the team, involving skills transfer and knowledge sharing of technical best practice
- Meeting and liaison with a wide range of clients and partners
- Undertaking business development, writing proposals and winning work for a variety of project types, sizes and clients
- Working in a team environment, represent and exemplify Mott MacDonald's values in all activities
As a Transport Planning professional, you are able to demonstrate your expertise in transport business cases and success in business development activities such as winning new work and writing bids or tends in a consultancy environment. You will also be able to demonstrate your skills in report writing, appraisal, transport business cases, transport economics, scheme development, transport policy & strategy, transport governance, rail and bus planning, or sustainable transport planning. Your background within consultancy environments have provided you with a business focus and ideally you are seeking to enhance your career in a dynamic role in helping to team leader grow the business in the North and South.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree (MSc/BSc) in a related discipline or equivalent
- Membership of a relevant professional organisation (such as IHT, ILT, TPS or ICE) and ideally a chartered professional (e.g. Transport Planning Professional)
- strong communication skills with both clients and colleagues
Although not essential, any experience of Web TAG and other industry standard processes would be desirable as would an MSc or further postgraduate qualifications related to transport planning or transport engineering.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture. Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc
As a member of the Surface Transport team in the UK, the Technical Director/ Project Director will lead and drive the delivery of a range of transport planning projects being delivered by the transport planning team across a across the north west. The team's leadership is looking for up to two senior appointments to strengthen the transport planning offer focusing particularly on delivering a wide range of transport strategy and appraisal projects, including spatial strategies, business cases, policy studies and sustainable travel programmes.
A key addition to the continued development of Mott MacDonald's market presence and the company's development in the North-West, the role requires business and commercial experience, allied to strong technical skills. You will be expected to support the team's leadership in growing the development of our client portfolio working with a range of public sector clients and contribute to the development of new markets. You will also contribute to the company's wider portfolio of UK and international projects.