|Job Type:||Full Time|
You will be working alongside and supporting teams in delivering a range of single and multi-disciplinary transport projects. Whilst working on various projects, you will ensure the timely production of deliverables and provide project management expertise including project planning, resourcing and financial control. You'll support Senior Managers and Project Directors in technical liaison with clients and key stakeholders as well as communicate and adhere to project and client managers' technical, programme and risk management expectations.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Contributing and managing workload for transport planners, graduates and technicians.
- Sharing best practice, undertaking technical mentoring and assisting with the professional development of other members of the team.
- Consulting and liaising with a wide range of client groups.
As a qualified Transport Engineer, you have previously worked in either local government and/or consultancy practice environments. You have proven experience of traffic engineering projects including development for parking, bus, cycle, pedestrian, capacity improvement and road safety schemes. You are comfortable working within a team environment and are both motivated and flexible in adapting to changing project team requirements and workload demands. In addition to this, you're an enthusiastic team player and are proactive in your own continued technical and professional development.
You also be able to demonstrate the following:
- A degree in Civil Engineering, Geography, Town Planning, or equivalent (MSc desirable)
- Membership of a relevant professional institution such as ICE, CIHT or CILT and be close to obtaining chartered status
- Ability to build relationships and interact with clients
- Proven experience in project reporting
Although not essential, if you have working experience of sustainable development planning including access strategy, transport scoping, transport assessment, travel plans or legal agreement & planning condition purification this would be advantageous as would any experience working on transport planning projects using WebTag and developing transport policies. Any additional experience of planning cycle projects including feasibility, planning, outline design or stakeholder management would be beneficial.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
As a member of our Surface Transport team in our Liverpool office, you will be engaged in the delivery of a wide range of transport planning and traffic engineering projects throughout the North West of England and help to support our wider Transport Consultancy business within the UK. Our projects and clients encompass both public and private sector markets and you will be expected to demonstrate recent and relevant technical experience