|Job Type:||Full Time|
This role is for a Senior Transport Planner to enhance our scheme appraisal and business case capabilities, managing projects and developing client relationships.
Although we are looking for someone with a high level of scheme appraisal knowledge, you will be involved with a wide range of transport planning projects in a senior capacity, with responsibility for project delivery.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Project and task management of a range of transport planning projects involving responsibility for resourcing, financial management, client interface and delivery
- Senior roles on projects involving scheme appraisal, business case development, feasibility studies, strategy development, and transport assessments
- Developing and strengthening client relationships, including relationships with other Mott MacDonald divisions
- Input into business development activities including bid preparation
- Mentoring junior staff
Applicants must have proven experience and success in project delivery including project management experience. The successful candidate will be committed to providing high quality and innovative solutions and advice to clients and have first class report writing, project management, supervisory, communication and technical ability.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- MA/MSc qualifications in a transport-related discipline.
- TPP, CMILT, CEng or equivalent, or the intention to become Chartered in the near future.
- Project management and leadership skills.
- Broad technical knowledge in transport planning, including transport modelling, economic appraisal, multi-criteria assessment.
- A high level of scheme appraisal and business case knowledge and experience, including use of the five case model.
- A good understanding of the wider transport planning / engineering environment and the range of tools, methods and guidance available to transport planning practitioners.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills, including an ability to articulate project methods and outcomes to clients in verbal and written form.
- First class report writing skills and the ability to prepare documents for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Played a key role in business development activities, preferably demonstrating involvement in successful bids/tenders in a consultancy environment.
- A high level of competency in Microsoft Office programs, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Although not essential, we would also like candidates to have experience in other software programmes such as Microsoft Project and SharePoint, as well as specialist transport applications such as TEMPro.
We offer an excellent package including our flexible benefits scheme covering holidays, pension, healthcare, life assurance, cycle to work and much more. If you have the skills above for this role and would like to understand the work of our team further, we would be interested to hear from you.
Mott MacDonald's Integrated Transport Division provides transport planning and modelling services across all modes of transport. We are continuing to expand our business and as part of this expansion are looking to appoint a Senior Transport Planner in our London Office, to contribute and add value to the delivery of our current portfolio of work and to assist in the growth of our local and national business. The role will present an extensive range of career opportunities working in a challenging, team-oriented environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.