|Job Type:||Full Time|
FullStack Engineers – Equities IT
Big Bank Funding.FinTech Thinking.
Our technologyteams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design andbuild digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world,to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our ITinfrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’sleading international bank.
Ourmulti-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front andback end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well asproject and programme managers.
We work insmall, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices atthe Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, andmultiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley andBirmingham.
Followingextensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plansfor continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a numberof experienced Full Stack Engineers to join HSBC Technology.
Business Area Overview
Equities Technology is a global department with teams in London,Paris, New York, Hong Kong, Guangzhou and Pune – supporting businesses coveringCash and Electronic Trading, Delta One and Flow Trading, Equity Derivatives,Prime Finance and Futures. Theorganization is rapidly transforming both its people structure and ways ofworking to better align with our business and increase the speed and quality ofdelivery. We are adopting a DevOps modeldriving agile delivery and building a strong product ownership group.
What you will be doing;
The Full Stack Engineering job is responsible for workingacross the Technology delivery lifecycle including inception, construction,testing, release and ongoing management of a product or service in a pod withina Technology team.
They will be required to continually enhance their skillswithin a number of specialisms which include front end, development, security,testing and operational support.
Duties and responsibilities will include (but not limited to)
- Provide support across the end-to-end delivery and runlifecycle, utilising their skills and expertise to carry out softwaredevelopment, testing and operational support activities with the ability tomove between these according to demand
- End-to-end accountability for a product or service,identifying and developing the most appropriate Technology solutions to meetcustomer needs as part of the Customer Journey
- Liaise with other engineers, architects and businessstakeholders, to understand and drive the product or service's direction
- Establish a digital environment and automate processes tominimize variation and ensure predictable high quality code and data
- Create technical test plans and records, including unit andintegration tests, within automated test environments to ensure code quality
- Provide support to DevOps teams working at all stages of aproduct or service release/change with a strong customer focus and end-to-endjourneys, ensuring they have an excellent domain knowledge
- Working with Ops, Dev and Test Engineers to ensureoperational issues (performance, operator intervention, alerting, design defectrelated issues, etc.) are identified and addressed at all stages of a productor service release/change
- Provide support in identification and resolution of allincidents associated with the IT service, as directed by leadership of theDevOps team
- Ensure service resilience, service sustainability andrecovery time objectives are met for all the software solutions delivered
- Responsible for automating the continuousintegration/continuous delivery pipeline within a DevOps Product/Service teamdriving a culture of continuous improvement
- Keep up-to-date and have expertise on current tools,technologies and areas like cyber security and regulations pertaining toaspects like data privacy, consent, data residency etc. that are applicable