|Job Type:||Full Time|
Role Title: Senior Marketing Manager, Digital MarketingChannels Strategy
New or Existing Role –New
role is part of the B2B Marketing global team which is a part of the Global
Marketing function. B2B Marketing supports
the two business lines that service businesses and institutions –
Commercial Banking (CMB) and Global Banking & Markets (GBM). Our
purpose is to support business growth, drive brand value and help improve
customer experience by anticipating and exceeding customer needs. These
two business lines manage relationships with businesses ranging from small
start-ups to some of the world’s largest and most complex multi-nationals.
It’s a world being re-shaped by data, technology and geo-politics, and an
exciting time to be working for the world’s No.1 Global Bank by brand
Senior Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Channels Strategy, you will be
responsible for articulating the strategic direction and leading the
programme and change management across all digital marketing channel
activity. You and your team will be
the central coordinators – driving adoption, setting the direction,
keeping programmes on track and proactively suggesting solutions for real
and potential barriers to the technology and data agenda. Championing a highly organized and
detail oriented, transformation culture focused on continuous learning, an
eagerness to share knowledge and implementation with speed will be
critical to success.
role holder will be responsible for:
- Acting as a visible leader tohelp drive an effective and collaborative transformation culture, encouragingthe wider team to embrace new ways of working driven by technology and data.
- Managing programme managersresponsible for providing project management expertise across all relevant digitalmarketing channels activity (e.g. PWS revamp, platform launches, datastandards, etc)
- Lead the articulation of the dataand technology strategy and marketing technology investment plan.
- Managing the runway ofrequests for all Digital Marketing Channels activity, including ensuringclearness of briefs from stakeholders and securing the required resourcesbefore setting a programme into action.
- Providing regular short andlong term status updates on agreed goals and milestones.
- Lead the definition oftraining and communication requirements to drive adoption while upskilling and embeddingthe new ways of working across the wider B2B marketing team.
- Maintain a clear view of thetechnology marketplace and change management trends (including regulation),benchmark HSBC capabilities and develop an efficient means of communicatingthis globally on a regular basis.
- The role holder must have
experience developing and leading a change programme, working with data,
technology and formal project management in a B2B environment, demonstrate
a comprehensive understanding of external and internal factors impacting
the business and customer needs both now and in the future, and an ability
to manage a range of stakeholders.
Familiarity with OD and best practice B2B operating models in
digital businesses an advantage.
- The jobholder is accountable to the
Global Head of Marketing Channels, B2B.
- Articulate the digitalmarketing channels strategy for CMB & GBM Marketing
- Review briefs and adviseGlobal Head of Digital Marketing Channels on prioritization based on businessimpact.
- Ensure the marketing investmentsupports business goals, differentiates HSBC from competitors, and provides clientsand prospects with compelling reasons to choose HSBC.
- Lead the articulation of themarketing submission to the technology investment plan for CMB and GBM.
- Understands basic revenuemodels and P/L; meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements;preparing project budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances andinitiative corrective actions.
- Apply change managementprocesses and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changeshappening due to data and technology.
- Drive adoption and skilldevelopment through country level support and training.
- Identifies and implements
appropriate KPIS and metrics
- Works closely withstakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of projects.
- Works with developers anddesigners to define and document questions, liaise with stakeholders to clarifybriefs, gather new requirements and explain feasibility.
- Work with Customer Experience& Sales Development teams as well as Customer Strategy & Insight to gainunderstanding of the CMB & GBM customer experience.
- Work with L&D to ensuretraining and career paths reflect B2B digital marketing requirements
- Maintain a clear view of thetechnology marketplace, regulatorytrends and business change best practice, and communicate summaries across thefunction.
- Submits project status reportsto stakeholders; plans releases; anticipates and reacts to change.
- Provide input, document
requirements and support the design and delivery of required training
- Focus on the people side ofchange, supporting the design, development, delivery and management ofcommunication and collaboration with appropriate stakeholders.
- Conduct impact analyses,assess change readiness and identify
- key stakeholders by project.
- Identify resources and assignresponsibilities.
- Lead and champion peers andteam members
- Work with key stakeholders togain buy-in and ensure strategies and solutions are effectively delivered byall areas of the business.
- Introduce new HSBC Group bestpractices to the team.
- Liaise with marketing acrossHSBC globally, sharing best practices, common standards and approaches.
- Identify change in the industry and
opportunities to deploy new campaign techniques and methods to increase
effectiveness and impact on the
business, and increase brand engagement and advocacy
OperationalEffectiveness & Control
- Ensures project documents arecomplete and appropriately stored.
- Follow the business transformation
- Follow the marketing financial process, procedures
and manage within the marketing budget allocated.
- Identify potential
risks and recommend ways to mitigate risks and issues caused by internal
and external factors.
- Sets personal
objectives to drive personal performance within policy and guidelines.
- Act as a role
model across marketing and with business partners.
- Create and deliver projectwork plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manage day-to-day operationalaspects of projects.
include the need to:
- Support many complex and diverse
integration projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Complete diverse due diligence
requirements around data privacy for all platforms.
- Engage with stakeholders globally and
manage different cultural and logistical factors.
- A number of
factors influence the role:
- Global CMB & GBM marketing strives to
put the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- CMB & GBM marketing supports the
business in driving top-line revenue growth across our key geographies.
- To achieve its
strategic goals, CMB & GBM marketing has embarked on a Marketing
Transformation programme which will impact all teams, process and culture.
Management of Risk
The role holder willcontinually reassess the operational risks associated with the role. This caninclude changes in economic or market conditions, legal and regulatoryrequirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings,and the impact of new technology.
- Therole holder is responsible for mitigating these risks as much as possible. Therole holder should address any areas of concern with line management and/or theappropriate department, and adherence to both marketing and business riskappetite
Observation of InternalControls
role holder will also adhere to internal controls. This will be achieved
by adherence to all relevant procedures, including the Marketing FIM and
Anti-Bribery & Corruption processes. The jobholder will also keep
appropriate records and, where appropriate, the timely implementation of
internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external
- Therole holder will implement the CMB & GBM group compliance policy bycontaining compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, GlobalCompliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. Theterm ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codeswith which the business has to comply.
- Thiswill be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and byliaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at theearliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resourcesare in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture andoptimising relations with regulators.