|Job Type:||Full Time|
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Ourtechnology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to helpdesign and build digital services that allow our millions of customers aroundthe world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our ITinfrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’sleading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, ITarchitects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyberexperts, as well as project and programmemanagers.
Wework in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from ouroffices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in CanaryWharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds,Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domainsand with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a ProgrammeManager tojoin HSBC Technology.
The Group Chief Data Office isa critical function with HSBC, driving data strategy, analytics, controls andintegration. The function sits within Technology, but has strong relationshipswith all the business and functions within HSBC.The Group Customer Data team ispart of the Chief Data Office. It is responsible for driving strategy andintegration of common information across business and functions. Its uniqueposition in the organization has the ability to see the changes in the customerdata landscape across the group and facilitate the best practice and approachesfor how the customer data architecture can be improved.
Yourresponsibilities will include:
- Shapeand Drive execution of the programme across a series of projects or componentactivities, building stakeholder buy-in around plans, commitments and changes.
- Driveprogramme delivery proactively, balancing scope, schedule, interdependencies,budget and risks.
- Leaddefinition of staffing, responsibilities and schedules.
- Leadthe establishment of effective programme controls and procedures.
- Sethigh expectations concerning quality and put in place quality assuranceprocesses.
- Managerelationships with external suppliers.
- Report progress, issues, dependencies and risksto steering committees and make recommendations to influence decision making inorder to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realisation.