|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Mott MacDonald ecology practice is an exciting place to be, with over 70 full time ecologists and an excellent forward order book we are building a practice that can last.
Could you be the technical leader we are looking for?
For more information about our Environment sector click here
For more information about our Water sector click here
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
We are seeking someone who is able to generate respect and authority based on their sound technical knowledge supported by considerable experience. You will contribute to the growth of our people, our environment business in Brighton or Croydon and our wider ecology practice. You will be adept at finding ways to add value for our customers, engage with technologies and maintain quality. Most importantly you will be helping us to build a lasting and sustainable environmental business.
This opportunity is not a one-way street as we will give you an exciting space in which to develop. You will be visible within our business, but also across the sector, raising our profile and yours through internal and external events. Your reputation will grow giving you the opportunity to influence your peers.
We are serious about ecology; this opportunity primarily focuses on growing our practice capability and realising the potential of our people and thereby contributing to our wider environment team's targets and growth opportunities in Brighton or Croydon.
If you think this could be the job you are looking for, a space for your technical excellence, then we would like to hear from you.
You would become a part of an employee-owned, independent company that values its people, and that provides opportunities for social and career development.
You must be/have:
- Highly competent ecologist with strong UK experience (some international experience would also be an advantage)
- A degree in Ecology (or directly related subject). An additional higher degree would be an advantage.
- Excellent protected species knowledge and experience; ideally a holder of a protected species licence (more licences would be an advantage) and of Natural England mitigation licences for at least one species (again, more would be an advantage) within the last 5 years
- Experience in leading on ecological inputs into large-scale projects
- Excellent experience in the UK ecological consultancy market, with a strong external-facing, client-orientated approach.
- Excellent understanding of UK nature conservation legislation.
- Experience in undertaking ecological impact assessments for EIAs
- Experience in undertaking Habitat Regulation Assessments.
- Experience within the public sector would be an advantage.
- Proven track record in winning work.
- Willingness to mentor junior staff.
- Chartered Environmentalist or Chartered Ecologist.
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK.
- Full UK driving licence.