|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan’s Network Management is a global function within the Chief Administration Office (CIB), responsible for managing the Firm’s network of critical third party providers to meet the Firm’s requirements for cash and securities services for its proprietary and client activities. These critical providers include Financial Market Infrastructures (Payment Systems, Central Counterparties, Securities Depositories and Cheque Clearing Systems) and Agent Banks (cash correspondent banks, partner banks and securities sub-custodians and clearing banks).
Network Management leverage the standards of the Firm’s Third Party Oversight (TPO) program to select, maintain and exit Financial Market Infrastructures (FMIs) and Agent Banks in scope, thereby meeting the Firm’s regulatory requirement to manage critical third parties as well as the Firm’s standards and client expectations. In doing so, Network Management support and work closely with all the Lines of Business (LOBs) across the Firm.
Within Network Management, Oversight Assessment is responsible for management and oversight of the TPO process for Agent Banks and FMIs globally. In addition to overseeing the end-to-end oversight process, key artefacts are collated from within Network Management and across the firm to compile a Final Assessment Report (FAR) on all Agent Bank and FMI relationships. This report takes information on provider’s IT risk assessments by SAS (Supplier Assurance Services); the LOBResiliency plans;Network Performance Management (NPM), Credit and Country Risk; Legal; MIS on activity and costs and details from the Network Management due diligence process.
Opportunity – Oversight Assessment
The Oversight Assessment team establishes and executes on procedures in support of the due diligence and oversight processes of the management of network agent banks. As a member of the team you will be tasked with the creation and updates of the Final Assessment Reports (FAR) and maintaining the day to day control environment by driving the key priorities within the team to improve efficiency. Partner with internal business partners to identify, monitor and report risk and identify opportunities and improve the existing network management TPO process.
- The role requires the individual to build expertise inNetwork Management TPO process, including understanding of oversight procedures, which capture the end-to-end process and demonstrate an understanding of the final product.
- Establish excellent partnerships with Market Infrastructures Managers (MIM) and internal Network Management partners to identify, measure, monitor and report risks as part of the oversight process.
- Completion of the FAR based on the artefacts, including an effective assessment of possible third party risks presented in the artefacts and the application of the Network Management scoring methodology applicable to the Agent Bank or FMI. FARs completed in line with the Network Management FAR Procedures and Guidelines.
- FAR amendments as requested by the MIM or via the QA process
- Completion of reporting requests from Oversight management and the support of existing reporting dashboards in XL
- Proactive management for partnerships with Oversight and MIM in relation to FAR delivery deadlines, including ownership of relevant issues and action items and drive to resolution.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to existing oversight processes and reporting including all elements of information which are compiled within the FARs
The candidate will have strong adherence to procedures and controls, and should be analytical and risk and control inclined. The role involves frequent communication with Market Managers and internal Business Partners, to ensure the accuracy and completion of the FAR.
- Proven analytical and problem solving ability – must be detail oriented
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel and SharePoint
- Financial compliance experience preferred
- Organized, methodical and analytical in approach with strong sense of deliverables.
- Able to make sound judgment and independent decisions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills