|Job Type:||Full Time|
Technology Services provides highways focused consultancy services and delivers and maintains high-quality transport technology solutions and innovative systems. Our work covers all aspects from concept, feasibility, design, delivery, maintenance, training and operations.
Transport Technology Services provides consultancy services, delivering high-quality technology solutions and innovative systems to the transport sector. Our work covers all aspects from concept, feasibility, design, delivery, maintenance, training and operations.
We are seeking a candidate to contribute to the consultancy team within Mott MacDonald's ITS business. This role will primarily be wide ranging and interesting, with the opportunity to use their skills and experience to contribute towards the growth of the Technology Services team, and support the wider organisation.
The Senior ITS Consultant will provide technical and management support to opportunities, tenders and projects. Our ideal candidate is a consultant/ engineer with experience of delivering ITS projects, this can range from roadside system design to automatic fare collection systems. He or she will have experience of working in the UK and ideally elsewhere, and so will have a broad understanding of proven and developing technologies across the Transport arena together with their application to meet client needs. Previous work is likely to have been related to National Transport Authorities, Department for Transport, Highways England or local authority schemes, which will have ensured an understanding of the concepts of Intelligent Transport systems. The role could be based in our Bristol, Birmingham Southampton or Glasgow office, with travel in the UK a necessity. Travel abroad may also be required, both to deliver work and win new work for Mott MacDonald.
Essential academic, professional qualifications and experience:
* BEng / BSc (in engineering or related subject)
* Substantial industry experience of ITS consultancy and / or engineering
* Experience of working with Highways England and UK local authorities
Essential competencies / skills:
* Track record of supporting the successful delivery of major ITS projects
* Ability to develop relationships and engender trust with Clients and partners
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong sense of initiative
* A team player
Desired academic, professional qualifications and experience:
* Chartered Engineer (or equivalent)
* APM Registered Project Professional
* Project, financial and resource management skills
* Evidence of supporting winning proposals
Desired competencies / skills:
* Flexibility in working location / country
* Customer relationship skills
* Project management skills