|Job Type:||Full Time|
Building & Infrastructure Unit, Western Division has a strong track record in delivering Project Management and Strategic Consultancy commissions for a variety of clients through ongoing frameworks and discrete projects. We currently have a rapidly expanding workload and are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team of professionals in our Birmingham office.
The roles offer excellent career development opportunities in a high-performance team and will appeal to professionals who have a strong interest in project development and project management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
As a member of the Project Management/Strategic Consultancy Team you will work within a team developing and delivering building and infrastructure projects from inception to handover and completion; This will include scheme definition, feasibility, design development, procurement and Contract Administration.
Your role will require you to liaise closely with multiple stakeholders and clients, co-ordinate multi-disciplinary design teams, draft and manage the production of reports and tender documents, monitor cost and schedule and manage the Health & Safety and Quality Assurance aspects of projects
You will be confident in contributing to a technical team and as a key member of a project team, liaising directly with the client, project sponsors and key stakeholders when necessary.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have:
- Post graduate experience of working on construction industry projects in design and project management.
- Attained a Project Management Qualification.
- Applicants to be near chartered or recently chartered of a recognised construction industry institution
- Sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate on own initiative.
- Ability to demonstrate strong inter-personal skills.
- Experience in chairing internal and external meetings, including client and stakeholder meetings.
- Effective time management and project planning skills.
- Experience and ability to prepare detailed project programmes
- Experience of successful delivery of projects to programme
- Experience of implementing and operating multiple projects in line with integrated quality, safety and environmental management systems.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to set up, monitor and control project cost budgets
- Be familiar with and actively participate in change control procedures
- A working knowledge of risk management in project delivery.
- Ideally be able to demonstrate experience of managing projects throughout its lifecycle
- Ideally experience in contract procurement and works contract administration