|Job Type:||Full Time|
Leading other senior fire engineers, the role will involve:
- developing fire safety strategies, notably for sub-surface metro systems, rail tunnels and road tunnels;
- specifying and interpreting fire and smoke modelling studies (we use a range of tools including the FDS and CFX computational fluid dynamics software);
- planning and supervising fire engineering design work, from concept to detailed design stages;
- planning and supervising site-based work, such as fire risk assessments;
- ensuring that our work is delivered to programme and budget;
- providing coaching and advice to junior staff;
- undertaking formal peer reviews of project work;
- liaising with project stakeholders and providing expert advice;
- developing relationships with key clients and supporting business development.
You will report to the Head of Discipline and be based either in our Croydon or London office.
Essential academic, professional qualifications and experience of the candidate:
Engineering degree, plus a strong track record of fire engineering experience.
Essential competencies / skills:
You will be able to demonstrate strong hands-on experience across the key elements of the role as described above, with the following specific competencies:
- developing fire safety strategies;
- specifying and interpreting fire and smoke modelling studies;
- planning and leading fire engineering design work;
- planning and leading any site-based work.
- excellent written and oral communications skills
- willingness to undertake short overseas trips (up to 1-2 weeks).
Desirable academic, professional qualifications and experience:
- Ideally you will be a Chartered fire engineer or equivalent. Desirable competencies / skills: Working knowledge of:
- fire detection and suppression systems;
- engineering design development within a BIM environment;
- interface management in a multi-discipline design environment.