|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Chief Technology Office (CTO) Core Engineering Enablement team is currently seeking a senior software engineer to join the team supporting the delivery of the Accelerating Development Global Technology Vision.This team focuses on driving forward development best practices and using telemetry to measure areas for continual improvement.
One of the key drivers of the CTO org is to effect change across the global technology organization to improve the way in which we deliver software to our business.With this comes exciting opportunities to partner with tech teams across the globe in all lines of business.
The successful candidate will work on various components of the new target state global Telemetry Ecosystem.You will work as part of the collocated local scrum team in partnership with the Product Owner to deliver the Product Vision.
- Work closely with the Product Owner and wider team on the delivery of Tech solutions that meet the CTO Enablement Product Vision / Roadmap.
- Develop software using best practice software delivery processes and demonstrate continuous improvement mindset on a daily basis.
- Work as part of a team to determine and define target state designs that meet requirements.
- Develop robust, scalable, auto recoverable, supportable solutions that align to the target state technology stack and meet the roadmap expectations.
- Be comfortable working with new technologies and seeking out new and improved ways of delivering our solutions.
- Be comfortable sizing work as part of the team in support of roadmap / backlog decision making practices.
- Frequent pairing / coaching of junior members of staff required.
The types of initiatives you will play a key role in delivering:
- Build new high profile CTO Enablement Applications that will be utilized by the global technology organization
- Develop CTO Engineering portal strategy
- Develop next generation analytics on the SDLC workflow, target toolchain adoption and time to market metrics
- Integrate with the latest technology stack (e.g.AWS for hosting applications)
Build Machine Learning solutions that will predict future state application analytics
- Strong Java & Spring Boot programming skills.
- Strong front end Angular and React programming skills
- Strong base of core SQL skills as metrics analysis is a key requirement.
- Strong understanding of the modern software development processes is a must including:
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Development Practices
- DevOps practices
- Be comfortable with Identifying / specifying user interfaces, data modelling, systems integration approaches
- A strong knowledge of automated testing
- Test Driven Development Knowledge expected with practical experience with unit testing tools
- Experience with cloud-native architecture and container orchestration (particularly Docker and Kubernetes).
- Experience with Private & Public cloud offerings