|Job Type:||Full Time|
Would you like to help develop cutting edgesynthetic training systems and services for front line aircrafts, submarinesand armoured vehicles as well as airspace management and air defence? Wecurrently have a vacancy for a Project Manager at our site in Hillend.
As a Project Manager, you will be working in aProject Office alongside an Engineering Manager and Technical Authority todeliver project objectives. You will be supporting projects in partnership withIndustry, Academia and the UK MOD to deliver next generation Synthetic trainingsystems as well as developing networkingand connectivity between simulation training assets and the wider developmentof synthetic environment tools.
This role will provide you with the opportunityto challenge yourself and establish a presence within the UK’s Largest DefenceContractor.
Your main responsibilities as a Project Managerwill involve:
- Managing project delivery, planning andmonitoring
- Managing project budget and schedule
- Identification, development and management ofstakeholder relationships
- Accurate reporting of project status to teammembers, leadership and external stakeholders
- Ensuring project and quality managementprocesses are effectively applied
- Supporting project quality and lifecyclemanagement reviews
- Identifying and managing project risks,opportunities and issues
- Managing product safety reviews
- Mentoring of team members, providing guidanceand support
Your skills and qualifications:
- Experience in Project management and leadingteams
- Familiarity with Project management techniquesand tools
- Experience in working to defined and structuredlifecycle processes with formal gate reviews and a culture of measurement andcontinuous improvement
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Decision-making and leadership
- Stakeholder Management experience
- Resource planning and management experience
- Experience in Cost capture, analysis &forecasting; schedule planning and tracking
- Experience in Strategic planning, riskmanagement and/or change management
- Understanding of Life Cycle Management
What we're looking for in you:
You will have a positive attitude and be drivenby delivering to agreed commitments, budgets and timescales. You will also beinfluential with excellent interpersonal skills enabling you to driveimprovement within the project and your team. Innovation and Self organisationwill also benefit you within these cutting-edge projects.
Salary: £40,000 +Dependent on experience
Benefits: Ouremployees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitivepension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed ShareIncentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexibleworking, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local andnational employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annualincentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world’s leadingglobal defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edgeof technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customersin over 100 countries.
BAE Systems Air
BAE Systems Air brings together the company’sinternational capabilities and expertise to respond to customers' current andfuture requirements, and compete for international export and collaborativeopportunities. In the UK, BAE Systems Air has an unrivalled track record andexpertise in the development, delivery and support of military air platforms, componentsand technologies through Typhoon, F-35 Lightning II, Tornado and Hawk.
BAE Systems Air has the capability to providecustomers with information superiority through the delivery of actionableintelligence and information, together with the provision of innovativeinformation systems and services. Training is a key enabler to deliveringmilitary capability, and at BAE Systems we bring together our expertise in theanalysis, design, build and delivery of training solutions into a powerfulcombination for our military customers around the world.
Working as an integral part of the teamdelivering information superiority and effective air power, our aim is toprovide our customers with the capabilities and intelligence that reallymatters.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer.We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from allbackgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of thecommunity which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women,BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personalinformation relating to your background at any stage of the applicationprocess.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAESystems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factorsincluding your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/oryour place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive,we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply asearly as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAESystems.