|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Senior Hydrologist to join our water resources team in Cambridge to aid us in providing specialist consultancy services to clients around the world.
The availability of water, in the right quantity and quality, is vital to meet the ever-growing demand for domestic, agricultural, hydropower and recreational purposes. Example projects may include finding new water supplies for cities or irrigated farms; optimising the performance of water infrastructure; or understanding the impact of climate change on available resources.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Hydrologist, you will leverage your technical expertise to provide innovative solutions and facilitate decision-making in a varied project-based working environment. You will deliver and lead on a range of UK and international water resources and flood risk projects, dependent on your strengths and interests.
Key elements of the role may include:
- Water resource availability / deployable output assessment and analysis, incorporating consideration of climate change impacts
- Hydrological (rainfall-runoff) modelling and analysis
- Water resources system modelling and analysis
- Water resources planning
- Flood hydrology modelling and analysis
- Presenting analysis and writing reports for technical and non-technical groups
- Providing advice to project managers, engineers and environmental specialists in relation to hydrology, including developing proposals and delivering projects
- Representing the company to customers, the public, government and other external organisations
What qualifications, experience and aptitudes will you need?
- MSc in hydrology or related subject
- Chartered status with a recognised professional body
- Professional consultancy experience
- Numerate, with an interest in data analysis and/or programming
- Able to produce high quality reports