|Job Type:||Full Time|
About JP Morgan Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank has been helping the world’s wealthiest individuals, families, foundations, and endowments grow, manage, and sustain their wealth through personalized, comprehensive financial solutions for more than 160 years. J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management with assets under supervision of $2.1 trillion and assets under management of $1.4 trillion. With Private Bank advisors in 110 offices in 25 states and 20 countries, the Private Bank provides ultra high net worth and high net worth clients with a global perspective delivered through a local, dedicated team of specialists focused on fundamental wealth management disciplines, including investment management, wealth structuring, philanthropy, credit and banking.
Equities Solutions are a team of experienced investment professionals dedicated to recommending and executing investments across stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, structured notes, OTC derivatives and listed options. The equities desk employs a practitioner’s approach, leveraging J.P. Morgan’s global resources to create customized solutions that meet the unique needs for our clients.
Overall Purpose of the position
Trading for a centralised dealing desk servicing global wealth management clients of JPMorgan Private Bank. The role is part of the wider Equity Solutions Team, which oversees the entire global equity offering. Responsible for execution of cash equity, ETF, listed options as well as managing equity syndicate activities. Contributing to tech & ops initiatives, risk escalation, regulatory reporting, and MIS creation & reporting.
Key Responsibilities include:
International Equity Trading
- Cash Equity – Global coverage with a focus on Pan European/UK agency trading. Providing high quality order execution and best-in-class trading capabilities whilst advising Clients/Investors on the most effective method to achieve best execution. Ongoing monitoring and measurement of the quality of the execution across the broker platform, building and maintaining relationships to drive enhanced performance for underlying Clients
- Listed Options - Listed Option agency execution. Execution of single-line orders and multi-leg orders, and coordination of option strategies in conjunction with the underlying equity execution.
Managing Global Syndicate activities for the EMEA book
- Distribution of JPM Global syndicate deals to WM Salesforce, arranging meetings for participating clients to attend roadshows, accurate communication of indications to the global book co-ordinators and Managing EMEA allocations accordingly.
Marketing the capabilities of the desk
- Market the equity offerings/capabilities of both the Private Bank and Investment Bank to WM Clients, detailing the market structure and identifying significant changes in regulatory activity that impacts trading
- Drive change and efficiencies: Identify tasks that can be made more efficient and implement ways to improve them.
- Partner with Projects team to onboard new process and technology that can be utilised to enhance the platform
- MIS - create & maintain business intelligence reports to reflect accurate daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly PnL data for Equity Team Management.
- Resolve middle office/back office queries for both PB and IB in a timely and satisfactory manner
Skills and Experience required:
- VP Level Candidate
- 5+ years of Pan European Equity and ETF Trading Experience within a front office environment with a solid knowledge of Global Market structure
- Strong understanding of connectivity to buy-side OMS, broker, venue and vendor systems
- Experience with Algorithmic Trading Strategies
- Knowledge of Best Execution principles
- Record of exemplary risk management & and error free trade practice
- Multi-tasks orientated with a flexible, innovative and solution driven approach
- Proven successful management experience including:
- Driving change to deliver productivity
- Effective partnerships within the business and with clients.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication Skills
- Self-motivated, can complete tasks/projects independently
- Client orientated, experience of dealing with clients advantageous
- Degree educated (preferably finance related discipline)
- MS Excel and PowerPoint skills essential
- Language skills: English – Essential; French, Spanish, German, Italian - Advantageous
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.