|Job Type:||Full Time|
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plentyof opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich withpotential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simplytake you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support andrewards that will take you further.
At HSBC, we are transforming technology in financialservices, using the latest digital tools and methodologies to make ourcustomers’ banking experience simpler, better, faster and more secure.
To achieve this, we have many exciting challenges aheadand are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do.Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching fortechnologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
HSBC’s Commercial Bank is making a major investment inits business and infrastructure. The Onboarding project is focused on CustomerOnboarding which includes KYC and Product Enablement processes. This programmeis looking to introduce a major step change in Onboarding in major markets. Itis a truly global endeavour with Technology staff in multiple regions andbusiness users and stakeholder across the globe. The success of the projectwill be driven by global collaboration on the project, and measured by adoptionby local markets. This role will form part of the long term management team tosteward the Strategic Business Initiative (SBI) through its three yearinvestment envelope and beyond.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual tojoin this team in the role of Solutions Architect. The role holder isaccountable to work with the Portfolio and Platform Architects, Technical Lead& Engineers to define the detailed solution design (incl. StoryDecomposition) for stories in backlog. They’ll be responsible for recommendingand defining the technology solution architecture for the area, i.e., softwaresolutions, technology platform, etc.
Key duties include:
- Driving excellence in the delivery of technical solutionsconsidering reusability, and non-functional requirements such as performanceand security.
- Presenting and communicating complex architectural issuesclearly and concisely with technical and non-technical audiences from seniorstakeholders to agile teams.
- Assembling a broad set of technologies and services tocreate a complete solution to a technical requirement: application software,Middleware, database, hardware, storage, network, and integration and leverageof appropriate cloud technologies.
- Involved in solution trade-offs such as cost, scope,timescale, and balance between long-term strategic and short-term pragmaticconsiderations
- Working with domain and technology experts to develop thedetailed solution architecture required to be implemented, and to support thedevelopment team at a detailed design level - recognized as a subject matterexpert
- Preparing and presenting architectural design andproposals to the appropriate review forums.
- Identifying and documenting key architecture decisionsand ensuring these are shared and agreed with other members of the architecturecommunity and engineering teams.