|Job Type:||Full Time|
Product Manager, Mortgages and Savings,Banking and Proposition, Retail Banking and Wealth Management (12 month FTC)
Some careers shine brighter than others.
Our Wealth Management teams provide a range of services to HSBC customers, supporting key life events, such as saving for university fees, buying a new home to retirement; whilst protecting their family and interests for every eventuality, providing confidence and reassurance.
We support every aspect of a customer’s financial life, helping them to grow, manage and preserve their wealth and provide a professional service in a world of increasing complexity. This includes a greater range of financial products and solutions, and a better understanding of our customers’ affairs. For us, Wealth Management is genuinely a relationship-based service.
For our customers, this means a tailored approach, personalised attention and our teams working collaboratively to support their entire life journey.
Banking& Propositions (B&P) exists to:
- Create world class propositions, products and services that delight our customers and help UK RBWM achieve our shared ambition
- Deliver sustainable growth alongside a balanced approach to protecting customers and the bank through an effective risk management framework
- Drive innovative solutions that are market leading but at the same time simple, valued and personable.
The Mortgages& Savings team is part of Banking & Propositions, and has responsibility for the Mortgage & Savings portfolios of HSBC, First Direct and M&S, representing £85bn in balances, and which generates a significant part of UK RBWM profit. The team drives all product development, pricing, retention, communication, product management and maintains compliance with relevant regulatory and internal policy mandates across the UK bank.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Product Manager
The purpose of the role is to create, lead and deliver change to achieve Annual Operating Plan, build beautiful digital customer and broker journey’s, and protect the business by adhering to regulatory and reputational responsibilities. Against a backdrop of delivering consistently good outcomes for customers whilst maximising commercial opportunities and minimising risk for the bank. The role will work closely with Distribution, Credit Risk, Mortgage Operations, Tax, Legal and Compliance teams to drive change and support run the bank activities, in addition to third party partners.
Working collaboratively with colleagues across the business, the role holder is required to role model customer- centricity, driving service excellence and offering products and services that meet customer needs.
In this role, you will:
- Manage high volume and high importance activities to demanding timescales for the Mortgages & Savings Product Team.
- Maintain sufficient and effective processes and controls identifying and mitigating risks and ensure timely escalation and resolution of all control issues and reputation risks.
- Be confident in presenting analysis in an accessible and concise format.
- Ability to form and present recommendations to senior stakeholders in order to gain buy in.
- Lead and manage stakeholders across different business areas and external third parties to achieve a common goal.
- Have the ability to act quickly to address risks and issues in a timely manner.