|Job Type:||Full Time|
CIB Operational Risk Management, Security Services, Based in Bournemouth, Associate/VP
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Our Firmwide Risk Function:
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals brings and embracing an inclusive environment.
The Security Services (SS) EMEA Operational Risk Management team is responsible for independently, holistically, and proactively identifying, assessing and managing operational risks across SS.
The risk manager in this position will be based in Bournemouth and will have the following responsibilities overseeing operational risks across a range of Security Services products and the Corporate Service Centers supporting SS:
- Ensure that the JPMorgan Operational Risk Framework is in place and operating effectively within EMEA Securities Services and the Corporate Service Centers.
- Act as point of expertise for Operational risk, advising business partners and other functional groups, on emerging and key risk trends, fiduciary issues, product strategy, deals, risk appetite and tolerance.
- To conduct regular deep dives and Significant Event Reviews on the Security Services businesses in EMEA identifying key risks and mitigation measures; Participate / drive key firm wide risk initiatives.
- Develop, maintain, and review Operational Risk Policies, monitoring implementation and on-going compliance.
- In crisis scenarios, independently assess business processes (e.g. playbooks), highlight risk scenarios / recommend solutions and proactively manage risks resulting from existing or potential market events.
- Provide independent operational Risk oversight in key governance forums within EMEA and the Corporate Service Centers, including Business Control Committees, Transaction Approval Committees.
- Provide Operational Risk Management oversight and independent challenge of changes to core processes that result from industry regulatory and/or business decisions and strategic initiatives.
- Conduct reviews on new business initiatives, new service/product operational capabilities and new proposals (or changes) to location strategy.
- Provide Operational Risk Management oversight and independent challenge of
significant new deals, changes or exceptions to standard legal terms and non-standard arrangements and/or transactions.
- Liaise with regulators in respect of Operational Risk matters.
- Financial services background, with experience in the industry.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and project management skills.
- Well-developed leadership and people management skills, ability to drive change; strong influencing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Ability to understand risks and their drivers and to form, articulate and explain views.
- Ability to multi task, prioritize and deal with multiple tasks in a fast paced and evolving environment.
- Confidence and ability to make balanced decisions and effectively represent CIB ORM and JPM.
- Experience in interacting with global partners and senior management across businesses and geographies.
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to act independently.
- Ability to lead and direct the risk agenda.
- Detailed knowledge of Global Custody and Fund Services products will be an advantage as will previous Risk and/or audit experience.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.