|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are on the lookout for a talented ground engineering professional to bolster our delivery capabilities and supervise junior staff.
Our geotechnical team in Cambridge provides critical inputs to projects of all sorts and sizes, including the Boston Tidal Barrier, which will protect roughly 14,000 properties in the town from a one-in-three-hundred-year tidal surge event, and increasing the height of 30km of flood embankments at Ouse Washes.
As a Senior Geotechnical Design Engineer, you will evaluate and define geotechnical engineering requirements for projects of varying sizes, managing geotechnical inputs to deliver identified solutions.
You will also deliver detailed geotechnical designs for a variety of structures and earthworks, including tanks, buildings, slopes and pipelines.
Furthermore, you may be involved in areas such as financial project management, reporting and proposal preparation, dependent on your skills and aspirations. We can offer a number of career development paths, including technical leadership, staff resource management and client engagement.
- Chartered with an appropriate professional body
- Extensive experience in the design and construction of foundations for civil and structural engineering purposes
- Able to use industry standard geotechnical design software packages such as the OASYS suite of programs, Wallap, Slope W or HoleBase
- Proven client liaison skills, particularly in relation to technical input and quality control
- Working knowledge of soil-structure interaction issues when working with structural engineers