|Job Type:||Full Time|
Asset Management –Global Alternatives Group –Fund Controller position
JP Morgan Asset Management Inc. (JPMAM) manages employee benefit plans for public and private institutional investors and provides investment management services for a broad spectrum of other institutional investors including foundations, endowments, sovereign governments, defined contribution plans and insurance companies, as well as other institutional and individual investors through mutual funds, investment partnerships and other pooled investment vehicles.
JPMAM is an active participant in the global equity, fixed income, emerging, and currency markets as well as in real estate, infrastructure, oil and gas, and the futures and options markets.
JPMAM Global Alternatives group identifies, analyzes, acquires and manages real estate and global transport assets through a variety of ownership structures. As investment manager on behalf of its clients, JPMAM develops, redevelops and operates these assets. JPMAM also assesses capital markets and controls investment risk in determining the optimal financing, diversification and disposition strategies for the managed assets.
The Global Alternatives Group seeks a Fund controller, with at least 5 years of post- qualification experience. We seek candidates with an extensive private equity, investment management or real estate accounting background to assist with the financial management and reporting, which includes client and internal reporting requirements. We also seek candidates with experience working with a team of finance professionals and someone that is capable of working independently with a ‘can do’ attitude.
The Fund controller will work closely with an experienced group of professionals, including a team of five Fund controllers, being involved in all aspects of financial reporting, analysis, accounting, internal controls, and oversight related to transport investments owned both directly and through partnerships.
- Oversight and assist with management of Global Transport/ Real Estate Funds; develop and maintain a financial infrastructure that operates with the efficiency and flexibility to respond to the demands of a growth oriented business; ensure that responsibilities and deadlines are adhered to.
- Oversight of the quarterly accounting and financial reporting process for all investment products; continually improve the level and content of reporting and communication
- Understanding of investment structures, debt documents, partnership agreements, and purchase and sale agreements; Evaluate the accounting and reporting issues related to various deal structures and proposals.
- Oversight of financial due diligence for acquisitions by working with appropriate individuals within the Global Alternatives Group, as well as third parties, sellers, JV partners, legal counsel, etc.
- Broadly interact with independent external auditors, tax practitioners, deal and third party service providers.
- Actively participate in the determination and review of valuations.
- Ensure that local operator/partner accounting systems and records are properly controlled and periodically audited.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all internal and external clients and consultants; Assist and coordinate responses to client and consultant requests.
- Calculate and maintain performance data for individual assets and for the overall Funds (AIMR, IRRs); Review and approve fund level performance fees and accruals.
- Prepare management analysis including asset, fund and business level budgeting and reporting.
- Project management: ability to manage and organize resources,
conduct effective presentations, facilitate meetings, and gain consensus
- Ability to act decisively, form opinions, solve problems and
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships internally (within
JPMAM Global Alternatives Group) and externally (within the broader JPMAM
- Relevant financial and accounting experience in the private
equity or real estate industry with a proven track record of managing
controllership, reporting and finance functions.
- Ability to interact with Senior Portfolio Managers and draw on
the experience of the wider team to solve issues/ analyse results.
- Understanding of US GAAP and IFRS.
- ACA, ACCA, C.P.A. or Chartered Accountant equivalent required.
- Familiarity with currency implications and accounting
- Experience in closed-ended commingled funds, limited
partnerships, opportunity funds, and operating company investments.
- Experience of carried interest/ promote structures.
- Experience in open ended funds an advantage.
- Familiarity with various EU country issues impacting
investments and fund level accounting.
- Current knowledge on industry accounting and tax trends/issues.
- Computer literacy and strong knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Yardi a plus.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.6 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management advises institutions, endowments, foundations and families through Asset Management and Wealth Management. Our Wealth Management business includes J.P. Morgan Private Bank, J.P. Morgan Securities and Chase Wealth Management.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank advises the world’s wealthiest families and helps them achieve their desired goals. Our teams of Advisors deliver advice, solutions and services across investments, wealth planning, credit and banking to help clients build, preserve and manage their wealth over time.
Our team of specialists works seamlessly to help our clients achieve their financial goals and aspirations. We’re proud to be named ‘2017 Best Private Bank for Ultra-High-Net-Worth Clients’ by Euromoney: Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Lebanon, Qatar, Spain, United Arab Emirates and UK.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
“JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.”**