|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.4 trillion, over 250,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking. J.P. Morgan Asset Management (JPMAM) is the marketing name for the investment management businesses of JPMorgan Chase & Co. and its affiliates worldwide.
The Sustainable Investing team at JPMAM is currently looking for a Research Analyst. The Sustainable Investing team at JPMAM unifies the firm’s sustainable investment strategies onto a single platform and partners with our global investment and distribution teams to develop dedicated ESG research and thought leadership by way of leveraging our differentiated investment platform, proprietary technology, data analytics, deep ESG expertise and culture of innovation; and offer innovative sustainable solutions to our institutional and retail clients.
JPMAM is seeking to hire a Research Analyst for the Sustainable Investing team. S/he will be part of a global team responsible for creating a platform ESG research capability. The Research Analyst will be expected to conduct ESG materiality and/or thematic research and help execute on the overall strategy for the team focusing on the build out of the proprietary ESG framework and analytical capability. The successful candidate will possess a passion for creative and critical thinking about financial markets, and a desire to be part of a fast-growing team. Previous experience in an analytical research, quantitative role either in Asset management or a closely related business is essential.
- Work with the Global Head of Sustainable Investing to develop and deliver a platform ESG research capability to create key ESG insights.
- Manage strategic research projects and deliver original ESG materiality and sustainability-themed research.
- Build and manage the proprietary ESG signals, scoring system, and centralised database based on the JPMAM-wide materiality framework.
- Build relationships with other teams supporting the investment and research process.
- Closely partner with multiple teams across JPMAM in the execution of joint research work, and partner to design and construct portfolios tailored to suit investor requirements and preferences.
- Support and drive the evolution of the investment platform including the development of ESG-focused analytical modules and risk tools in all aspects of portfolio management.
Skills and Experience:
- Successful candidates should have at least 5 years of relevant investment experience.
- Solid understanding of financial markets, investment theories and asset valuations.
- Experience in the application of quantitative methods and analytic techniques in the analysis of financial data
- Familiarity with portfolio construction and multi-asset classes a plus
- Familiarity with ESG and sustainable investing a plus
- Proficiency in python programming
- Key skills are analytical skill, decision-making, intellectual curiosity, intellectual honesty, pro-active and effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding interpersonal characteristics, reputation, and team orientation, which will
- enable her/him to command the confidence, loyalty, and respect of investment colleagues
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) preferred within a business or technical field (finance, economics, mathematics, science etc.)
- Successful candidates should be pro-active in finding new investment ideas as well as thorough in understanding, valuing and maintaining coverage on existing research projects
- This is a demanding job requiring highly motivated individuals who are willing to work hard to build up their knowledge base, performance track record and credibility within the team
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This role encompasses the performance of regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the relevant regulatory authorities to carry out such activities.